AGE RELATED

DebsGiz
on 8/10/13 9:14 pm - FL

I was 53 when I had my surgery.  I had no complications, and have had zero problems.  Oh, and I lost all the weight.  I am 5'8" and am currently at 133 pounds.  I am coming up on my five year anniversary.  As long as you're in relative good health, I'm thinking your age should not be a factor to any large degree.  

Member Services
on 8/11/13 12:20 am - Irvine, CA

Hi Coder,

We think for most surgeons it's about your medical history and present health than a number.  Speak with a surgeon and also your PCP. If you need help finding a surgeon, let us know at [email protected]

ohvickey
on 8/11/13 2:52 am - Toledo, OH
I just had my surgery July 29th, I am 66 and will be 67 next month. Surgery went very well, had problems when home with nausea,diarrhea, bloating guess I am Lactose intolerant now. They tell me this is not uncommon. Big problem now is lack of energy and trying to get enough protein and fluids in. I think you will be fine.
susan17821
on 8/11/13 3:36 am - Danville, PA
Revision on 06/18/12

I had my surgery 6/2012 when I was 54, the only problem was that I developed an ulcer about 6 months out, that was due to smoking. A big NO NO! To date I have lost 97 pounds. You will do wonderful! Life has taken on a new dimension for me since losing this weight, I feel terrific. Congratulations on your new "birthday"!

Shirley O.
on 8/11/13 7:57 am - NM

I was 64 at surgery time--2 years ago.  I'm fortunate and doing well.  Down 140 pounds from my highest weight.  Lots of wrinkled skin, but other than that no side effects...except feel much better and is much easier to move.  The wrinkled skin makes me look older, but I'll live with that. I wish you the best!

Shirley

HW 280, SW 240, CW 135

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 328 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 365 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 326 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 322 views
What's on your Monday Menu?