Sharing some positivity

Dorkgirl_41
on 8/16/13 3:51 pm - CA
RNY on 07/10/13

I adore the vets on this forum. The information and inspiration have been priceless to me in my journey. I'm a brand spankin' newbie at only 5 weeks postop, but I started researching last year and have gained so much info from OH that I doubt I would be as successful today if I hadn't come here. I know not everyone appreciates the vets inputs, but there are many more of us who do,  and I, for one, hope that the vets keep answering our questions and giving their HONEST opinions. I don't post a lot, but let me tell you....I am reading most every post and gleaning all the info I can and putting it to use and memory. I'm sorry we have to deal with drama and trolls, but those of us who are here to make our lives better far outnumber them! 

I have even learned things from other newbies. It's a cool thing that we have this place we can all come to and share thoughts, questions, support and ideas.....not all of us have great "in-person" support systems. Thank you to all, vets and newbies, who come here and genuinely value each's other's journeys!

Start Wt: 355   Surgery Wt: 331   Current Wt: 253 Goal Wt: 175  Had RNY on 7/10/13

My blog about my journey - Up From Under

E R.
on 8/16/13 5:27 pm - Switzerland

Thanks for writing this message. I totally agree with you that the vets have had a significant positive impact in my life. I am amazed that the vets have so much compassion to give input in a forum when they have already successfully lost and maintained their weight and do not need advice themselves. You are our heros!

RNY:  4 June 2013

PetHairMagnet
on 8/16/13 9:32 pm
RNY on 05/13/13
On August 16, 2013 at 10:51 PM Pacific Time, Dorkgirl_41 wrote:

I adore the vets on this forum. The information and inspiration have been priceless to me in my journey. I'm a brand spankin' newbie at only 5 weeks postop, but I started researching last year and have gained so much info from OH that I doubt I would be as successful today if I hadn't come here. I know not everyone appreciates the vets inputs, but there are many more of us who do,  and I, for one, hope that the vets keep answering our questions and giving their HONEST opinions. I don't post a lot, but let me tell you....I am reading most every post and gleaning all the info I can and putting it to use and memory. I'm sorry we have to deal with drama and trolls, but those of us who are here to make our lives better far outnumber them! 

I have even learned things from other newbies. It's a cool thing that we have this place we can all come to and share thoughts, questions, support and ideas.....not all of us have great "in-person" support systems. Thank you to all, vets and newbies, who come here and genuinely value each's other's journeys!

Agree with you on all points. What IS IT with the trolls lately? Urgh! But the vets are an AMAZING resource and I love hearing their experiences and approaches to finding solutions over time!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Dangerkitty
on 8/16/13 11:16 pm - VA

Yes!!!! I lurked for a long time just reading before I joined in at all.....and am so thankful for the information I get every single day.  :). 

EmmyK
on 8/17/13 12:49 am - CA
VSG on 04/30/14

I was a lurker, too.  I'm so grateful to see all of the different perspectives.  Thanks, vets!

My posts are for general information and do not constitute medical advice.  They should not serve as the basis for any medical decision by you.  Call your physician for advice.  HW 248  SW 233  CW 155

nfarris79
on 8/17/13 8:32 am - Germantown, MD

Yeah, sometimes online forums need a "Whoo-saaah" moment  It seems like it's been a while since this forum needed a chill pill, so things had been going quite well for a while. Best thing to do with drama is staying out of it (as temping as that is! Ah, the social perversion of train wrecks....).

First ultra: Stone Mill 50 miler 11/15/14 13:44:38, First Full Marathon: Marine Corps 10/27/13 4:57:11Half Marathon PR 2:04:43 at Shamrock VA Beach Half-Marathon, 12/2/12 First Half-Marathon 2:32:47, 5K PR  Run Under the Lights 5K 27:23 on 11/23/13, 10K PR 52:53 Pike's Peek 10K 4/21/13(1st timed run) Accumen 8K 51:09 10/14/12.

mussit64
on 8/17/13 8:39 am - Panama City , FL
RNY on 04/18/13

I totally agree with you, I always ask the vets before I search out the nurse.  They have been through what we are going through.  I am so thankful for this group as well.  

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 8/17/13 8:46 am - OH

Thanks.  Yeah, it has been a little crazy lately, but it had been very quiet for a long time, so we were "due". It's like a dysfunctional family sometimes, but we always manage to work it out.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

illinois Gama D.
on 8/17/13 10:07 am

What a nice post:), thank you!!! I wish you would post more, your posts always make sense. There has been a lot of drama lately but then hopefully it will all go away, but usually another one comes along.... thank you again for your kind thoughts, Denise

Rny 2003

come join the new R&R 3.0, where the fun is:)