Plateaued

bboswell0203
on 8/31/13 8:34 pm
So I am 3 and a half month out. I have been at a plateau for about the last 2-3 weeks. I've lost approximately 75 pounds in the last 3 months. I can't seem to lose any more. I have been fluctuating by about 3 lbs at the same weight and can't seem to lose any more. I am still like 60 lbs from my goal weight so I have a long way to go. Has anyone else had this problem? My husband had this surgery and didn't seem to hit plateaus as long a this that I can remember. I'm just frustrated.
ShadeMcG
on 8/31/13 11:53 pm
RNY on 11/04/12
It happens. Just stick to you plan... And keep long at the whole picture rather than just the last few weeks...you are doing great!

Life is not a dress rehearsal.

Height:  5'11", Highest Weight:  281  Surgery Weight:  266 Goal Weight:  165  Current Weight:  170

Sherrie P.
on 9/1/13 12:41 pm
RNY on 02/06/13

Wow... it took me 6  months to lose 75 pounds.

Sounds like you are losing really quickly.  Your body just needs some time to catch up.

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

PetHairMagnet
on 9/2/13 3:32 am
RNY on 05/13/13

Holy dear God, you have lost almost a pound a day for three months--give your body a break! That is freaking AMAZING! I was thrilled to hit 60 lbs lost at 3 months and I worked my hiney off to get there!

Men lose faster, don't compare yourself to your husband. If I did that, I'd be depressed 24/7 as his weight literally melted off his body, he'd have to order new uniforms every other week for a while!  Follow the advice my yoga instructor gives before EVERY class. Be present for YOU and don't worry about your neighbor and the poses he or she can do. You are where YOU are and you are working on being a better YOU, not being a better THEM.

Celebrate all you HAVE lost, double down with exercise and it the scale will move again! :)

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 291 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 216 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 284 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 4 replies · 145 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 216 views