Metabolic Weight loss????

angeleigh
on 8/31/13 12:42 pm - angier, NC
RNY on 09/17/12

Anyone ever heard of this? My grandmother just signed up for this program and I was looking at some of the products they have her using. This one drink, have 90 calories, and 15 grams of protein. she says they taste really good. So just wondering if anyone has used them to get low calories while still getting protein in.

https://weightlossmrc.com/store/products/weight-loss-product s

https://weightlossmrc.com/store/products/weight-loss-product s/cappuccino-drink

Follow me on Pinterest!  SW/254 HW/276 CW/142  

Pictures: Pre-op, 1 year post op, 2 years post op.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 8/31/13 1:23 pm, edited 8/31/13 1:24 pm - OH

Never heard of hem, but notice that some of the protein is collagen, so you won't get all 15g of protein since the collagen doesn't have all amino acids needed to absorb that protein. No way to know exactly how much of the protein content is from the collagen, though... so it could be just slightly less than the milk protein (e.g., where 8 of the 15g are from milk and the other 7g you wouldn't get because it is collagen) or it could be significantly less (e.g., 12 of the 15g could be milk protein and you would only not get the 3g from the collagen protein).

Personally, i would stick to something where you know exactly how much protein you are getting (since with this you could be getting anywhere from 14 to only 8 grams of protein.... More likely closer to the 8 since hey use collagen because it is cheaper).

Lora

Edited to add: Your grandmother also will only be getting somewhere between 8 and 14 grams of protein from this. The lack of ability to absorb the collagen protein isn't unique to RNYers.

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

angeleigh
on 8/31/13 11:06 pm - angier, NC
RNY on 09/17/12

Ya, I personally wouldnt look into buying the stuff, but by looking at the program paperwork its looks like a very restricted diet. They have to do protein first, then 1 carb is allowed a day, and unlimited veggies as long as they arent carb ones. It was kind of crazy.

I personally do the GNC shakes, or Nectar shakes.

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 8/31/13 11:14 pm - OH

ONE carb?!?  I assume that is one item with carbs rather than one gram of carbs.  Since the shake has carbs, that would be their only carbs for the day?  That's crazy low!  Not healthy at all.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

angeleigh
on 8/31/13 11:24 pm - angier, NC
RNY on 09/17/12

Ya she has this list, that but what proteins she is allowed: Like eggs, cottage cheese, 6 oz of beef ect. Then it listed fruits and veggies that have are carbs, then other veggies. So she has to pick one protein, from the list, one carb item from the list a day, and as many veggies. Plus she has to drink 3-5 of those drink mixes.

Ceithlenn
on 8/31/13 1:28 pm - WI
RNY on 08/28/13

Have you ever tried Nectar? They have 25 grams of protein isolate and only 90 calories and less than 1 carb. They mix great into water and taste very clean. Vitamin shop has sample sizes of a lot of the flavors. Good luck!

Heather

angeleigh
on 8/31/13 11:08 pm - angier, NC
RNY on 09/17/12

I do use the nectar ones. This is a program my grandmother is doing. Was just looking for feedback, since I couldnt give her any real feed back since I have never seen it before.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 486 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 446 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 453 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 396 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 110 views
Forum Search Error & 404