Confused

bosslady1
on 9/9/13 7:52 am - SC

Ok I'm 3 weeks and 5 days post-op and I'm confused. Ok I get the hungry feeling but as soon as I eat my pouch is like um no then after a little bit it will settle and I will feel good again. I can't take any meds because it makes me want to vomit. I'm finally able to drink 64 oz or more water or any other fluids. My weight is down 26 lbs down the first week but it hasn't change. I try to make myself eat breakfast, lunch and dinner but breakfast and lunch I am just not hungry but by dinner I feel hungry but soon as I take a bit its like my pouch shuts down. The only thing my pouch likes is lemons, watermelons,and grapes. Should I be alarmed. (TMI) I can't go to the bathroom with out doing a enema. Is this the norm.

Renita

Another Fatone
on 9/9/13 8:12 am - inglis, FL
RNY on 08/28/13

Hi

How did you do on puree food?

bosslady1
on 9/9/13 9:37 am - SC
With pureed food it's the same
Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 9/9/13 8:31 am - OH

Some people find that hey have trouble with the meds and that they get full with just a couple of teaspoons of food, but you should be able to eat more than a bite and you should not have to use an enema to have a bowel movement.  Let your surgeon know what is going on.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Mo Diggity
on 9/9/13 8:37 am - poughkeepsie, NY
RNY on 07/03/13

I asked my doc the same thing, I would be hungry & as soon as I would take a bite..bammmm ! I was full. Then it would pass after a coupe of minutes. She told me it was probably because either the bite of food was too big or I wasn't chewing enough

Maureen Tired of Living my Life in the Dark

Katie K.
on 9/9/13 7:31 pm - Maitland, FL
RNY on 06/25/13
I'm 11 weeks out and still have a protein shake for breakfast because food is too heavy for me in the morning. My surgeon is fine with this.

Most Active
Recent Topics