Tattoo's after Question

(deactivated member)
on 9/14/13 3:35 pm - CA
RNY on 03/22/12
On September 14, 2013 at 8:50 PM Pacific Time, Ceithlenn wrote:

Wondering health wise if anyone had any idea the best time period to wait to get a tattoo after major surgery is? I am planning to get something on my  inner arch of my foot down the road so shrinking isn't an issue but obviously I need to wait a while after surgery. 

Why?.....tats?,,,again,...WHY?!!!!

MyLady Heidi
on 9/14/13 4:24 pm

Why not. Tats are artwork.  I see no reason to wait at all, what is the connection between surgery and a tat.  Nothing.  Either can get infected but won't effect the other.

I have five and have a 3d black widow spider planned as my 6th.  The one on the back of my neck hurt a lot, so did my tramp stamp.  My hip was the easiest.  I am going to redo the one on my leg to include the spider.

Jacob H.
on 9/14/13 4:40 pm - CA

I've gotten 3 and don't think there's a truly intelligent answer, but I still like and am proud of them.

True victory comes at the very end, when you can say, " I lived, and will gladly do it again." View "failure" as a setback, and meet each accomplishment with a larger goal.

angeleigh
on 9/14/13 9:51 pm - angier, NC
RNY on 09/17/12

I got one at 2 weeks post op.  one on the inside of my wrist. But it was my 10th one, and some are pretty big(like from back of knee to ankle)

Follow me on Pinterest!  SW/254 HW/276 CW/142  

Pictures: Pre-op, 1 year post op, 2 years post op.

saterry
on 9/14/13 10:28 pm - IN
Revision on 10/03/13

My 50th Bday present to myself. First tat....Yes its a toe tag. I am a nurse and it is sooo me ! It marked the end of one era and the beginning of another ! Slight pain but tolerable and sooo worth the fun !  I WILL have the last laugh....can you imagine what the docs and nurses say when a 90 yr old hot mama comes to the ER dead from zip lining and they see THIS ???

SRVG 1997 SW 301   Revision to RNY 10/3/13 SW 247 GW 130  Ht 5'8

Jacob H.
on 9/15/13 12:58 am - CA

That's awesome

True victory comes at the very end, when you can say, " I lived, and will gladly do it again." View "failure" as a setback, and meet each accomplishment with a larger goal.

TXKashmir
on 9/15/13 1:43 am - Grand Prairie, TX

I just wanted to chime in and say your idea is beautiful. Yes, it may hurt, but tattoos never tickle, and it's just part of getting ink. When you show it off, people will say, "Cool! Did it hurt?", and you will proudly answer, "YES!" Some people will think you're crazy to suffer for your art, but most people will admire you for it. Just be sure to post pics here so we can see how it turns out!

Debbie
Keeping track of my progress without a scale...Starting size: 28-Current size: 6-Goal size: 14

sand SAND...it's not a club...it's a frame of mind...

marissa1987
on 9/15/13 1:45 am
I have 2 tattoos on my right foot it hurt a lot. Make sure you do it during sandle time because you don't want to wear sneakers and have it rubbing. I made 5hat mistake. My foot got infected pretty bad.
Lessoflinda
on 9/15/13 11:04 am - NY
I had one about nine months post op. it was my first one ever.

Linda, Endwell, NY RNY 11/5/12

Most Active
Recent Topics