Cheez -It Crackers

aprilchanel
on 9/26/13 10:54 pm

Hi all, I will  be a 4 weeks post up on tuesday, is it ok to eat a few cheez-It Reduce fat white cheddar crackers, my surgeon does have crackers on my list but did not specify so has any one tried them 4 weeks out???? and how did they sit with your new pouch?

chipmunk_roasting
on 9/26/13 11:01 pm - Ottawa, ON, Canada

If they're not specifically on your list, don't eat them.  They are fat filled, unhealthy carbs, that your body does not need. 

I had crackers at three months out -- no pouch problems, but they were a waste of calories, carbs and fat, and they sure didn't taste anywhere as good as they used to.

You can do this :)

mmm

Referral - March 2011 // Orientation - Ottawa - July 8, 2011 // Surgery - January 23, 2013

cajungirl
on 9/26/13 11:20 pm

My opinion I wouldn't eat them.  They are basically simple carbs and have so little real estate in your pouch to nourish your body you need to look into eating protein sources.

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 9/26/13 11:26 pm - OH

Yep, what they said. 

Your pouch will likely tolerate them just fine (most empty carbs are no problem, which is why some people go back to eating them), but do you really want to start eating high calorie/carb snack foods only a month after surgery?  Remember, you are embarking on learning a healthy way to eat so that you can KEEP the weight off, and there isn't any justification for Cheez-Its being healthy. 

Save those for down the road once you have your new eating habits ingrained (and your carb cravings under control).  Otherwise this could be the beginning of sabotaging that process. 

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

MyLady Heidi
on 9/26/13 11:53 pm

All those crackers are like crack and probably just as bad for you.  Avoid at all costs.

mommaontheloose
on 9/27/13 12:02 am - MI
I have nothing of value to add to this post other than to say that cheez-its are the devil. I could eat a whole box, therefore, I can't even have them in the house.

aprilchanel
on 9/27/13 12:02 am

Thank you all so much i will not touch them at all, i just wanted to know but he does have crackers on the list  that i can have with chili. I am going to stay away from them Thanks so much Ladies!!!!

RebelK
on 9/27/13 2:32 am - TX
RNY on 01/15/13

Well, then I guess I'm headed to hell. I ate Cheez-Its right at first and some days it was the only thing I could keep down. The trick is the same as it is with anything. A few Cheez-Its are not going to hurt you...eating the whole box? LOL! I prefer to eat what I want occasionally. I eat well. I eat my protein first and I get at least 60 grams of it a day. I am exercising. I am on track with my weight loss. I also have a Triscuit now and again. :)  I think if you give up all the good  things in life you stand a much bigger risk of gaining your weight back eventually. If you feel that you don't have the self control to eat a few Cheez-Its then don't eat any.

Kathy

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 9/27/13 2:55 am - OH

No one suggested that she never eat Cheez-Its again, only that she not do it until she has new, healthy eating habits in place.  Anyone who has been here for a while has seen people add crackers and bread and other "white" carbs back in and then they are suddenly complaining that they aren't losing any more or they come back at 2 years out and say that they never really embraced a new diet and need help.

I am glad that you were able to control your cracker consumption early out, but MANY people are not.

I happen to agree with you about the risk of regain when people establish "forbidden" foods, but at only 4 weeks out, many foods should be considered forbidden.

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

Missella20
on 9/28/13 5:25 am
RNY on 07/11/13

When I want a salty crunchy snack, I eat nuts. Love them nuts!    enlightened

HW 264    SW 234    CW 149    5'4" 

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 489 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 455 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 458 views