First Appointment

Melanie C.
on 10/3/13 10:37 am

I had my first appointment with the nutritionist today. I had lap band surgery at the same hospital 4.5 years ago, so I have seen her before. The meeting was a bit confusing for most of us. She really pushed the organic eating life and even mentioned raw eating then would say "but we cant talk about that here". People were asking her questions because they cant afford eating organic all the time and she would tell them its the best way to go, if your serious about eating better. Does anyone have any insight on this? I am a single mom of two teenagers, I cant afford all organic food.

Melanie C.
on 10/4/13 6:24 am

Thank you for explaining that to me. It wouldn't hurt my whole family to start eating better. I'll have to start looking around and pricing things.

Lisa_Douglas
on 10/3/13 7:19 pm
RNY on 05/20/13

My nutritionist did not push organic at all, and certainly warned me to stay away from raw foods the first 3 months post op.

Melanie C.
on 10/4/13 6:24 am

She didn't tell us to stay away from raw foods for 3 months. I guess they all have their beliefs on things.

PetHairMagnet
on 10/3/13 10:17 pm
RNY on 05/13/13
You would be amazed how affordable organic can be if you get smart about it. I buy a whole cow and pig a few times a year and share it with other families and the cost is very low. I am part of a CSA and go to farmer markets to get fresh, in season produce and even if they are on the way to certification, you are better off than nothing at all.

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Melanie C.
on 10/4/13 6:27 am

I have tried to get people to consider buying a cow or even half a cow with me, but no one is ever interested. Even farmers markets are about an hour from me. I live in a bad area I guess.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 461 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 471 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 314 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 354 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 5 replies · 47 views
Recent Topics