8 days out of surgery and feeling dizzy

bsouder2210
on 10/8/13 11:50 am
What can I do? Do I need to call the hospital or is there something I can do at home?

cajungirl
on 10/8/13 12:08 pm
How is your liquid intake? Any other symptoms?

Proximal RNY Lap - 02/21/05

9 years committed ~  100% EWL and Maintaining

www.dazzlinglashesandbeyond.com

NadiaM
on 10/8/13 1:06 pm
Hey!! I'm 7 days out and feel dizzy once in awhile. Before surgery my blood pressure was always normal but on the lower end. I took it today after feeling a little light headed at the mall and I was 104/56. When I got home, I had 1/2 cup of ho****er with a tsp of chicken broth concentrate. It really helped bring my blood pressure back to normal.
bsouder2210
on 10/8/13 1:57 pm
Well... I called the Dr and he currently has me hooked to an IV in the ER I am pretty dehydrated

NadiaM
on 10/8/13 2:15 pm, edited 10/8/13 9:10 pm
Awwww poor you! If it's just dehydration, that's not too bad - just gotta make that extra little effort to get more liquids in!

Keep us posted!
bsouder2210
on 10/8/13 2:33 pm
Oh yes. I have learned. The Dr just told me that he had me come in to the ER more to make sure i didn't develop anemia. I am on an IV but he said it wasn't 100% necessary. It won't hurt though. They were mostly concerned about anemia.

cindyleesaucier
on 10/8/13 9:26 pm

I am 4 weeks post surgery and I too was soo dizzy. I increased my protein and fluid intake and it resolved. But, of course, please call you doctor with any concerns. Good luck.

mandylu
on 10/8/13 11:28 pm - Newport, TN
RNY on 09/24/13
Make sure you are getting your fluids. 64 oz is a must. I felt the same way. Upped my water. Feel much better. Also make protein a priority...no matter what. Hang in there it gets better
gooddaysunshine
on 10/9/13 12:55 am
RNY on 04/30/13

I'm five months out now, but really struggled with being dizzy starting at around 4 weeks out or so.  When I'd lay down in bed, I'd literally have to hang on, the room would spin so bad!  Postural hypotension.  I've found what everyone else is saying to be the truth, focus on getting water and protein in and it gets better.  I now only occasionally experience dizziness and not nearly to the degree I did earlier on.  Hang in there!