headaches

sarah_durso
on 10/16/13 1:54 pm

I'm going on day 4 of a terrible headache. It's on my right frontal lobe . Just a throbbing sensation.  I get about 4 or 5 headaches a year so this not normal .    I'm drinking plenty of water . That's the first thing that came to mind, but I get over 64 oz a day.   I'm 3 months out .  I haven't taken anything yet.  Try to stay away from all medicine.  But if this goes on another day I might have to take a Tylenol .   What are your non drug cures for headaches? 

sarah_durso
on 10/16/13 2:27 pm

My sister just had a idea. Could be the heater. We just started it using it for the season . 

jenharring
on 10/16/13 5:44 pm - macon, GA

Try and icepack on your neck.  I get headaches all the time it helps so much.  I agree check the filter and open a window and let the house air out a little bit.  

diane48
on 10/16/13 2:55 pm
RNY on 05/07/13

I get headaches when the heater first starts up in the season.  Check your filter as it may need changing.  Sometimes a humidifier helps when the air is just too dry.  Even a jar of water by the heater register helps me.

Katie K.
on 10/16/13 7:14 pm - Maitland, FL
RNY on 06/25/13
Try some caffeine if you don't usually drink any.

Dukemom
on 10/16/13 8:34 pm
RNY on 12/17/13

My brother, *****fuses to take meds unless he doesn't have a choice, swears by essential peppermint oil.  Place a drop on each temple (or in your case a couple of drops on the side that is hurting), lay down for a bit, and practice some relaxation breathing.  You can find the oil in any whole foods store, organic foods store, etc.

Feel better soon!

"Perseverance, secret of all triumphs."  ~ Victor Hugo   

Highest weight:  290; Weight at Surgery:  231; Current Weight:  126 (as of most recent Sunday)

sharon13
on 10/16/13 8:50 pm - PA

I drink mint hot tea- you can get some at Walmart its usually only $1.  And its usually on the top shelf in a little box (think pink or red color)  This has helped me with most of my start headaches, when I feel it coming on I drink the tea, I use to get migraines a lot so I have been drinking this tea for a few years and it usually will work for me.  Other things I take a rice bag (like a heating bag) microwave it and put it across my forehead or back of neck, Hope you find something that works for you.  

Highest Weight 303   Pre Surgery 278   Date of Surgery 4/3/2013

(deactivated member)
on 10/16/13 11:40 pm

Feel better.I have a bag of frozen peas in my freezer. It does help.Or a hot shower.

ebtiger24
on 10/17/13 12:00 am - AL
RNY on 12/13/12 with
What you have may be a migraine. It is very typical for a migraine to hurt only on one side of your head. Also it can cause nausea and be sensitive to light. Those are classic symptoms. If you decide to take medicine for it I would reccomend Tylenol headache. It has caffeine in it and does a good job on my headaches.

If it persist of course you should call your PCP.

kinny09
on 10/17/13 12:15 am - New York, NY
RNY on 06/11/13

If I was going on day 4 I most certainly would take 2 extra strength tylenol. Prolonged pain isn't good for your body and that sounds like a migraine. Two tylenol isn't going to hurt anything...I would do that and a cup of coffee or something else with a decent amount of caffeine. But a typical headache doesn't last that long...

HW: 306         Day of Surgery: 299         Current Weight: 172

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 473 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 425 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 427 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 333 views