What is your favorite puréed food?

bsouder2210
on 10/20/13 6:28 am

I am done with week one of three for puréed foods. So far chili is my favorite. What was your favorite? I thought meats would be a problem because of texture but it doesn't really bother me like I thought it would. I am open to suggestions. I am also a good cook and don't mind having to cook something. I am open to anything :)

Ceithlenn
on 10/20/13 6:37 am - WI
RNY on 08/28/13

I liked chicken with sugar free bbq sauce and a few pinto beans. 

I also really liked pureed grilled salmon with avocado  or homemade cucumber greek yogurt sauce. 

bsouder2210
on 10/20/13 6:46 am
The top one sounds really good! I may have to go get me some sugar free bbq sauce! The smell of fish is making me pretty nauseous right now. I made salmon for the DR and kids this week so I don't know about that one for me but the chicken and pinto beans sounds great!

Missella20
on 10/20/13 7:57 am
RNY on 07/11/13

Chili was the main thing I ate. And cottage cheese. Have you tried the white chicken chili? That sounds good too!

HW 264    SW 234    CW 149    5'4" 

angeleigh
on 10/20/13 8:00 am - angier, NC
RNY on 09/17/12

refried beans, ground beef with taco sauce and cheese. This is how I make tacos anymore for the family. I cook the meat, drain it then add the beans and taco sauce and let it warm up then mix the meat back in. Its nice and creamy and gives them the beans even if they dont want it.

http://www.pinterest.com/pin/70791025364446007/

Chili was a life saver. Also I would make the family pot roast and I would mash  up the carrots with a little bit of meat and garlic. I really didnt puree much just mashed things. Cauliflower steamed and mashed up with some cheese was pretty good. Ricotta cheese with spaghetti sauce, ground beef was always good.  Heck I still cook up a pound a beef with just garlic and put it in the fridge for the week to mix into things. Love it with beans, or ricotta cheese.

Follow me on Pinterest!  SW/254 HW/276 CW/142  

Pictures: Pre-op, 1 year post op, 2 years post op.

bsouder2210
on 10/20/13 11:39 am
I love the taco idea and cooking ground beef and leaving it in the fridge. Thanks!!

averybyrd
on 10/20/13 10:43 am

I liked to make refried beans (vegetarian/fat free) with some sour cream or greek yogurt and chili powder. I also really liked the white chicken chili, eggs, and cottage cheese.