Happy and frustrated!

Melanie C.
on 10/29/13 6:56 am

Ok, I had my lap band surgery at Shands in Gainesville. They are also who I am going through to do my Gastric Bypass. I'm happy because I called them today and they said that I have everything done that I need to do (labs, psych eval, ekg, first appt with nutritionist) and they will send all the results to the physician assistant to go through everything and approve it and then they will get my insurance approval and to call them in 2 weeks and they should have an answer for me. What frustrates me is that I have been calling them for almost a week just to get that information. I understand they are real busy because they are the learning hospital at UF, but come on. When I had my lap band, the woman who did this job was on it, she called me a few times a week giving me updates on everything. I guess maybe I was spoiled, but I just wish they were more informative. I didnt even know the lab missed one of my tests until I called to see if everything I needed to do was done and they said, "oh you need to go to the lab and get this other test done they missed". Thank goodness I have more faith in the medical staff then I do the office staff.

Member Services
on 10/29/13 7:47 am - Irvine, CA

Hang in there, it can be frustrating, but you are one your way  

Regards,

Member Services Team

Melanie C.
on 10/29/13 8:03 am

Yes I am!! And I keep in mind that they said that they haven't had any denials from my insurance for revisions from lap band to Rny. That is encouraging for me. I just wish I didn't have to be the one to do all the check-ins with them.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 461 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 471 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 314 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 354 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 5 replies · 50 views
Recent Topics