Losing a lot of my hair!!!!

Momma1991
on 10/30/13 11:23 am - Hamilton, NJ
RNY on 04/08/13

I don't know what to do! I am starting to lose massive amount of hair. My hair is also very thin and light. When I brush my hair I get a chunk full of hair in there. I can put my fingers through my hair without tugging and i will get a hand full of hair. I am taking my vitamins and vitamin d..... is there anything i can do to get my hair to grow back?? What other vitamin do i need to take to get my hair to grow back? Why is this happening almost 7 months out?

bluroze2013
on 10/30/13 11:35 am - gainesville , FL
RNY on 10/24/13

I have seen several other posts on here about this subject.  Not everyone experiences hair loss but they say that when the body goes through a massive change that 3-6 months out there is a possibllity of hair loss.  I know there are others who can more clearly explain the process.  Hang in there, from what I hear it does grow back.

poet_kelly
on 10/30/13 11:44 am - OH

Has it just started happening?

Taking more vitamins will only help if vitamin deficiencies are causing your hair loss.  If your vitamin levels are good, taking extra vitamins won't help and in some instances, taking too much of a particular vitamin or mineral can cause problems.

Did you get labs done at six months out?  Were your iron, zinc, and B12 all good?

Are you getting enough protein?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Momma1991
on 10/30/13 12:11 pm - Hamilton, NJ
RNY on 04/08/13

I haven't gotten any lab work done since before my surgery almost 7 months ago...... He hasn't ordered any for me.  I don't know what my levels are.

poet_kelly
on 10/30/13 12:13 pm - OH

I'd call your doc and ask for an order for labs then.  Most do labs at three months post op and again at six months.  I'd definitely want some by seven months.

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Momma1991
on 10/30/13 12:16 pm - Hamilton, NJ
RNY on 04/08/13

I'll have to give his office a call.  What lab orders am I suppose to have done at 6 months out?

poet_kelly
on 10/30/13 10:32 pm - OH

There's not really an "official" list.

Here is what I get done:

CMP
Lipid Profile
CBC with differential
B12
Bili-direct
Ferritin

Iron/TIBC

PTH
Magnesium
Folate
Thiamine (B1)

B6

Vitamin E

Vitamin K
Uric Acid
Vitamin A

Vitamin D (25 hydroxy)

Zinc
Phosphorus
Copper

Selenium

Prealbumin

Monica9811
on 10/31/13 12:07 am - Peterborough, Canada

Is there a Liver Enzymes test in there as well Kelly?

poet_kelly
on 10/31/13 1:45 am - OH

Yeah, that's part of the CMP (Comprehensive Metabolic Profile).

Monica9811
on 10/31/13 1:52 am - Peterborough, Canada

Thanks!  I had bloodwork done at my PCP but I don't think he checked that.  Would I be able to send you the results and have you look at them and see if I am deficient in anything or if you see any alarm bells?

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 484 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 485 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 326 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 357 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 5 replies · 70 views
Recent Topics