protein shakes

watsonstefanie22
on 11/4/13 1:12 am - badin, NC

Do any one have a favorite brand of protein powder or shakes?

poet_kelly
on 11/4/13 1:18 am - OH

My very favorite is Syntrax Nectar cappuccino.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

tressie007
on 11/4/13 6:14 am

Just ordered and received my cappucino Saturday. Today was the first day I tried it and I must say it is GREAT!!! I love it !!

poet_kelly
on 11/4/13 6:15 am - OH

I love it too.  I can get enough protein without shakes but I like having one for breakfast.

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

jefferytmc
on 11/4/13 1:22 am

I am also interested in this.

My wife and I are working through clearances now.  We are also trying different shakes to see what we like.

I have a couple of friends that have had the RNY and they recommended Premier Protein.  It is pre-made and has 30g of protein, we got it at Sam's Club.

It is pretty good, a bit sweet for me.  We have also tried Myoplex 25g and Ensure 25g that we found at Kroger.  In my opinion, both of these tasted more like regular chocolate milk than the Premier Protein did.

I have not tried any powders because you have to buy a huge amount and I have not wanted to spend that much to try one.

HW: 440.5  RNY 2/18 (Feb - 27, Mar -21, Apr -11, May -15.5, Jun - 12, Jul -14.5, Aug -9, Sept -11, Oct 6.2)

PetHairMagnet
on 11/4/13 1:48 am
RNY on 05/13/13
On November 4, 2013 at 9:22 AM Pacific Time, jefferytmc wrote:

I am also interested in this.

My wife and I are working through clearances now.  We are also trying different shakes to see what we like.

I have a couple of friends that have had the RNY and they recommended Premier Protein.  It is pre-made and has 30g of protein, we got it at Sam's Club.

It is pretty good, a bit sweet for me.  We have also tried Myoplex 25g and Ensure 25g that we found at Kroger.  In my opinion, both of these tasted more like regular chocolate milk than the Premier Protein did.

I have not tried any powders because you have to buy a huge amount and I have not wanted to spend that much to try one.

Go to Nashua Nutrition and order a single serving sample of whatever flavors/brands you are interested in. Also, MANY of the shops will give you a sample or two if they have an open container from a customer 'give it a try' event. I have gotten maybe 4 free samples at the Vitamin Shoppe and NutriShop and have bought everything they gave me a sample of afterwards. 

I bought MANY through Nashua and bought maybe 60% of the ones I tried because I just did not care for them and was thrilled to not be stuck with a flavor I did not care for. One thing to keep in mind is the WAY you make it can have a huge impact. I did a sample tasting at the last support group for my surgeons office and people were shocked that my shakes were with a powder they had previously said they did not like (or hated, in one case) and yet they LOVED what I made.

The base, the mixing of flavors, the ice....it all makes a difference! I add a tsp of PB2 to any peanut butter shake. I use flax or almond milk, or unsweetened tea, or cold black coffee as the base depending on what I am making and a Isopure Columbian Coffee shake with 1 scoop of that flavor plus 1/2 a scoop of Syntrax Perfect Chocolate, 16 oz cold coffee, ice, 1-2 tsp of SF Torani syrup and a 'snow' blend in the Breville Hemisphere blender makes it AMAZING!!!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

poet_kelly
on 11/4/13 1:58 am - OH

You can get samples at many places, including vitalady.com, unjury.com, chikenutrition.com and celebratevitamins.com.

(deactivated member)
on 11/4/13 5:25 am

I ad that protein to my coffee.The vanilla is great in it.

Day_dream_believer
on 11/4/13 1:32 am

Bariatric advantage Iced Latte

Candy V.
on 11/4/13 4:46 am - MI
RNY on 09/12/12

Syntrax is my favorite brand

I like their Nectar cappuccino and lemon tea

and the Matrix mint cookie

I add a scoop of up cal D sometimes and / or a TBSP of benefiber to get in extra GOOD STUFF  LOL

For ready to drink I use premier protein from Sams Club

RNY 9/12    TT 9/13    HT 5' 4"   HW 250    SW 242   CW 125

Come keep it real in R&R 3.0 Want a group invite?  Send a PM  

Most Active
Recent Topics