Puree stage

tbearluv
on 12/15/13 10:46 pm
RNY on 11/20/13

Hi, a friend suggested to make things easier for me, especially since I just got out of the hospital this past weekend for being dehyrdated, that for my puree stage I just stock up on baby food. Any thoughts? Thanks! 

averybyrd
on 12/15/13 10:50 pm

I did buy baby food for my puree stage, but I didn't end up eating much of it at all. It's kind of foul. There is no salt or flavor in the meats and the fruits/veggies don't have any protein, so they weren't on my approved list. I think the only baby food I did eat was some squash my mom made into a soup for me. Not exactly on my approved list, but I was desperate for something with flavor!

I ate mostly canned chicken chewed really well, soft scrambled eggs, yogurt, cottage cheese, and refried beans during that stage. I was lucky, though, as a lot of people can't tolerate the eggs and beans for a while. 

tbearluv
on 12/15/13 11:12 pm
RNY on 11/20/13

Thanks, I was not able to tolerate the puree stage the first week I was supposed too. But since being in the hospital, had pureed eggs and chicken and was able to tolerate them very well. I think I'm going to get canned chicken and perhaps a small food processor and see  how that works. 

Stacy Sikes
on 12/16/13 5:56 am - OR
I sure think you should get a food processor, it has been a heaven sent I tell ya. I used it before my surgery to make meals and now it goes back into effect tomorrow as I start my puree stage.. Good Luck!! and if you find any really good and tasty ideas for puree PLEASE let me know!!

RNY on 12/2/13 with Emma Patterson,    Highest  Weight: 352 ; . Surgery Day: 334

kinny09
on 12/15/13 11:23 pm - New York, NY
RNY on 06/11/13

I wouldn't bother, the nutritional profile of baby food jars is far too low for an adult so it's a waste imho...Better off just blending/mashing up your own foods and working on shakes if you're allowed.

HW: 306         Day of Surgery: 299         Current Weight: 172

tbearluv
on 12/15/13 11:33 pm
RNY on 11/20/13

thanks. just got a good tip on canned chicken and a mini processor, so will try that. the shakes me nausea now, so I'm looking for protein shots....

(deactivated member)
on 12/15/13 11:53 pm

I would try greek yogurt. It is pretty good to.

Stacy Sikes
on 12/16/13 5:59 am - OR
Dannon Light & Fit Greek Yogurt, OMG Amazing. I LOVE the Black Cherry. It tastes so good. I can only eat less than half of a container at a time but it holds well in the fridge until I fini**** off The protein content is really good and like only 80 cal

RNY on 12/2/13 with Emma Patterson,    Highest  Weight: 352 ; . Surgery Day: 334

tbearluv
on 12/16/13 8:27 am
RNY on 11/20/13

Thanks I opt for the strawberry one, the black cherry does not agree with me. lol. I have not finished a complete one yet. I eat almost half in one setting and then a little less than half the next setting, but then I don't want that one anymore. I go back for a new one the next day. Its a mental thing....lol. 

Ocalasam
on 12/16/13 1:22 am
RNY on 12/18/12

Don't do baby food!  That is for babies whom don't have many tastebuds yet.  You will hate it.  I found it easier to eat things that are already a pureed texture (refried beans and cheese, soups, things like that). 

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 332 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 370 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 330 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 21 replies · 218 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 101 views
Recent Topics