Shakeology and p90x3

Eva1230
on 12/16/13 4:49 am

So I'm buying the p90x3 that just came out, I have a "coach" and just curious if any of you do the shakeology shakes?? I'm down to 185 almost 100lbs since march but not losing anymore. 

angeleigh
on 12/16/13 5:54 am - angier, NC
RNY on 09/17/12

We tried them, but I personally didnt see any reason to spend that much money on shakes. We tend to do peanut butter toast before a workout then a shake right after. We are doing the T25. I like it so far.

Follow me on Pinterest!  SW/254 HW/276 CW/142  

Pictures: Pre-op, 1 year post op, 2 years post op.

Needanewbeginning
on 12/16/13 5:55 am - Barrie, Canada
RNY on 05/21/13

A good friend of mine is a coach, she told me the same as a few others here and my dietician, that the shakeology shakes do not have the right protein for us, we need whey isolate and I believe shakeolgy has a protein we don't absorb. Sorry I can't remember what it's called.  Never mind the cost $$. My friend was going to give it to me at her cost but she was honest with me and said RNY folks shouldn't use it. 

You have done fantastic! I wish I could do the p90, hopefully my friend will get me going when I get in better shape.

Annette 

Starting weight: 334 lbs.Starting opti weight: 323 lbs, Surgery weight 303 lbs.Surgery-May 21st, 2013 with Dr Hagen at HRRH Goal weight 165 lbs reached at 13 months. Current weight 156 lbs

poet_kelly
on 12/16/13 6:05 am - OH

According to their website, they contain whey protein isolate and pea protein.  We absorb both of those.  The issue with pea protein is that it's not a complete protein, but the whey isolate has all the amino acids we need and it has more whey isolate than pea protein.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

PetHairMagnet
on 12/16/13 12:56 pm
RNY on 05/13/13

I do Isopure or Syntrax as the base of the majority of my shakes. I blend different flavors into things I enjoy and mix up the base liquid with things like black coffee, unsweetened tea or flax milk.

Have you gone to see Victoria and get some feedback from her on what to do? 

Are you keeping processed carbs out of your calorie count?  

I don't know anything about the third version of P90X but my older son trained for college football with it and LOVED the program!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Eva1230
on 12/16/13 8:25 pm

I haven't seen her a while, and actually have no desire to. I've actually got away from shakes, I've never been a fan.

PetHairMagnet
on 12/16/13 9:39 pm
RNY on 05/13/13
On December 17, 2013 at 4:25 AM Pacific Time, Eva1230 wrote:

I haven't seen her a while, and actually have no desire to. I've actually got away from shakes, I've never been a fan.

Oh, okay, I am confused then. I thought you were wanting to do shakes with Shakeology. Let us know what you think of the P90X3 once you start it. I'd be interested in hearing what your experience was with that. 

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

Lethy
on 12/16/13 1:16 pm
RNY on 09/10/13 with
Personally I love Shakeology and wish I could drink more I am still at the difficult to drink much stage. But I do love Shakeology and drink as much as I can. I add one scoop of isopure protein. B

Laura in Texas
on 12/16/13 6:58 pm

The nutritional stats are not good enough for me. There are shakes with better carb and protein counts out there.

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Mary Catherine
on 12/16/13 10:09 pm

I just looked at their nutrition information and see the first ingredient is whey protein.

You have lost almost 100 pounds and here is what happens with almost all RNY surgeries.  After the 100 pound loss there is a long period when the body stops losing but maintains fairly effortlessly.  This is the time when most of us get complacent about the whole weight loss and better health process.  Boredom sets in, motivation goes away and the slide back to regain starts.

A program like p90x3 is a fantastic move for you at this point.  Having a coach will keep you motivated.  I looked at the shakes and the ingredients are genius.  It is like having an entire health store in a shake.  It is made with superfoods like quinoa, goji berry, chia, acai, blueberry, wheat grass, and so many more.  I could create a similar shake at home, but it would cost about $700 to go to the healthstore and buy all the ingredients. 

The shakes are expensive, but look to still be a worthwhile investment in your long term health.  Please post how this goes.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 480 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 481 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 325 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 356 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 5 replies · 68 views
Recent Topics