Where do you get your protein drinks?

Naomi P.
on 12/19/13 6:35 am
RNY on 04/21/14

Do you buy off line or from your Dr?

Which has the best flavor ?

did you start buying before your surgery or just waited till after.

My appt. is on December 27 to talk about all the vitamins and such I need, I got the pre protein mix at my last appointment.

Surgery January 20th.

•  

angeleigh
on 12/19/13 6:53 am - angier, NC
RNY on 09/17/12

Some people buy brands on line, in the doctors stores, Walmart, gnc, BJ warehouse, Sams Club, vitamin shoppe, really you can buy any brand of protein you want as long as its whey protein. No need to buy "special protein" . As far as vitamins, that is pretty much the same, no need to buy special ones. Just take 2 doses of a normal vitamin, Iron, vitamin c, b12, dry vitamin D, and calcium Citrate. Do a search on here for vitamins and there are many post talking about how much you need and why types are best.

Follow me on Pinterest!  SW/254 HW/276 CW/142  

Pictures: Pre-op, 1 year post op, 2 years post op.

MrsLitch
on 12/19/13 6:53 am - Morris, IL
RNY on 06/04/12

I initially used the doctor's drinks and they were pretty tasty and not to expensive. After surgery I switched to Celebrate ENS shakes to get some of my vitamins in that way. I still use the ENS every morning. Costly but since I have an issue with pills it's easier way for me to get in some of my vitamins.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com

5' 3" - HW: 244 SW:234  GW:120 LW: 107 CW:110 Made goal 3/16/13!    

Naomi P.
on 12/19/13 6:55 am
RNY on 04/21/14

Thank You so much.

•  

PetHairMagnet
on 12/19/13 6:57 am
RNY on 05/13/13

My surgeon does not sell products, he thinks that is a conflict of interest. 

I buy Isopure, Syntrax and Designer Whey mostly. I buy Quest bars as well and LOVE them, but try to have them less and less. I buy from The Vitamin Shoppe and Vitacost. I normally get my Vitacost order within a day or two without paying for expedited shipping. If you want a 10$ credit for your first order (and I would get one, too, just to be fully transparent) please PM me and I'll give you my email address for the Vitacost company. I like how many specials they run and what a great value the orders are from Vitacost, but enjoy getting to go in The Vitamin Shoppe and learn about new products and try tastes of new items when they are doing demos.

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

poet_kelly
on 12/19/13 7:01 am - OH

I order them from vitalady.com or netrition.com.

I bought some before surgery because I had a week long liquid diet I used them on and I wanted to have them waiting for me when I got home.  I wasn't going to feel like stopping at the store to buy some on my way home from the hospital.

I can tell you what flavors I like best but that doesn't mean  you'll like them.  My very favorite is the Syntrax Nectar cappuccino, followed by the Syntrax Nectar vanilla bean torte.  I also like Chike iced coffee and banana, BSN Lean Dessert banana, and Celebrate ENS in vanilla cake batter.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

The Salty Hag
on 12/19/13 7:50 am
RNY on 05/20/13

I drink Premier Protein and buy it from Sam's Club.

I woke up in between a memory and a dream...

Tom Petty

(deactivated member)
on 12/19/13 10:25 am

I love the Premier Protein. I like the chocolate. The vanilla I have used like creamer for my coffee.

Justcallmesuz
on 12/19/13 8:18 am
RNY on 05/08/13

I love the chocolate splendor and vanilla from Unjury. 

HW~278

CW~131

GW~160

Lisa_Douglas
on 12/19/13 8:51 am
RNY on 05/20/13

At 6+ months out, I still enjoy my Unjury Chocolate Classic shake every morning.  Tastes great!  Only downside is you have to order online in advance of when you need it.  In  pinch, I have used cvs brand chocolate protein powder shake.  Good luck!!

Most Active
Recent Topics