Can't seem to keep anything down

Stacy Sikes
on 12/22/13 12:59 pm - OR
I am three weeks out tomorrow. I have been slowly adding things to my diet and I can't seem to keep anything down that is not liquids or yogurt. I know I am still pretty new to surgery but I should be able to keep something down. I will be calling the surgeon tomorrow.

RNY on 12/2/13 with Emma Patterson,    Highest  Weight: 352 ; . Surgery Day: 334

illinois Gama D.
on 12/22/13 2:08 pm

I would call  to, you never know if it is a stricture or just a picky pouch, some can not tolerate much for a few weeks,, keep puching fluid so you dont get dehydrated, keep us posted how you are doing.

Rny 2003

come join the new R&R 3.0, where the fun is:)

poet_kelly
on 12/22/13 9:16 pm - OH

Might be a stricture.  Definitely call your doc.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Dukemom
on 12/22/13 11:10 pm
RNY on 12/17/13

Definitely check with your doctor.  However, I am on "blenderized foods" (anything pourable) for 4-6 weeks.  At the end of the 6 weeks I can be using food that is more of a paste consistency, and it doesn't have to be pourable anymore.

Try to keep up with the fluids in the meantime.  If that is all you can tolerate, maybe your pouch just needs a little more time.

Good luck and feel better!

Karen

"Perseverance, secret of all triumphs."  ~ Victor Hugo   

Highest weight:  290; Weight at Surgery:  231; Current Weight:  126 (as of most recent Sunday)

Cunning_Pam
on 12/23/13 1:16 am
RNY on 12/18/13

I'm so sorry to hear that! And I can totally relate to not keeping things down. Definitely call the doc, but you may just be one of those people who has to progress their diet a little more slowly. Keep up the fluids and let us know what your surgeon says, and take care of yourself please.

Surgery: RNY on 12/18/2013 with Jay M. Snow, MD            "Don't mistake my kindness for weakness." - Robert Herjavec, quoting Al Capone

Most Active
Recent Topics