Getting things in order to go to hospital

Naomi P.
on 1/1/14 6:00 pm
RNY on 04/21/14

I went and bought new PJ 'S but every post I read  I see everything but PJ'S so 

don't they a loud for us to wear them .

I mean I understand the sore stomach but could pull down from the incisions.

so do I take them or leave them ?  THANK YOU. 

•  

Lora R.
on 1/1/14 7:08 pm
RNY on 09/12/13

They prefer you wear their gowns, easier access to stuff for the nurses and you.  I just wore their gown and one backwards when I went walking the halls.  Good Luck!!!

RNY: 9/12/13 HW:  347  SW:  315  CW:  183  BEST THING I EVER DID FOR MYSELF! 

Mary Catherine
on 1/1/14 7:14 pm

Put them away for after the hospital.  In the hospital there will be drains, a catheter, an IV and PJ's will just be in the way and also in danger of getting stained if blood seeps from an incisions or drain.

A hospital gown will be provided and will be easier for the staff to work around.

Naomi P.
on 1/1/14 7:15 pm
RNY on 04/21/14

Again Thank You

•  

poet_kelly
on 1/1/14 7:53 pm - OH

You can wear your own if you want.  i found it easier to wear the hospital gowns. 

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

(deactivated member)
on 1/1/14 9:57 pm

I did the same thing you did.I went out and got some new pjs.But in the hospital you really want to wear their gowns.It is so much easier to go to the bathroom and stuff.Also you really won't care what you look like.You don't want to ruin your new pjs.I would save them for when you go home and have company.I would just wear sweat pants and sweat shirt to the hospital and wear them home.And make sure you take lip balm.

Heather D.
on 1/1/14 10:32 pm

I took 2 pair with me, the ones I wore in and the ones I wore home. Best thing to bring would be your own toilet paper. The single ply sand paper hospitals try to pass as toilet paper really isn't worth it!!

RNYGuyPA
on 1/1/14 10:50 pm
RNY on 12/27/13

I just got home from the hospital and I brought a few things to wear, but didnt even take them out of my bag.  The hospital gowns work best for them to check your incisions, nothing binding, esier to move around in the bed, and you might not want to get your new PJs dirty from the incisions.  They had a very large gown for me and it worked well.

6' 2"     HW: 405      SW: 352      CW: 276      GW: 225

Trendweight

Created by MyFitnessPal - Nutrition Facts For Foods

onelilbirdie
on 1/1/14 11:20 pm
Good morning, I did the same thing, too! However, I agree with a few others here. Save those pretty things for home. You would be heartbroken if they were to be stained. Also, the nursing staff will appreciate the ease of doing their magic while you are post op in their hospital gowns. No, they aren't pretty, but, they are practical and functional. Treat yourself to those new pj's when you get home and you can treat yourself like royalty. Best of luck and be kind to yourself! ;0)

SteveWebb
on 1/1/14 11:32 pm - NC

I'm just planning to bring some to wear home from the hospital. Hope all goes well and you make a fast recovery.

Jeremiah 29:11 " For I know the thoughts that I think towards you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end". 

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 29 replies · 384 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 27 replies · 357 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 321 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 16 replies · 123 views
What?s on tap for this Saturday?
Melody P. · 3 replies · 109 views
Recent Topics