New Protein Bar

em83077
on 1/8/14 12:03 am - Ithaca, NY
Revision on 10/29/13

I just found these protein bars at Target the other day- Think Thin.  There are pretty tasty!  I'm sure they have been around for awhile, but I have never seen them!kiss

amz37
on 1/8/14 12:26 am - PA

I ate them all the time pre-op. They are great. I haven't had them yet post-op because they have sugar alcohol which is one of the things that can upset your pouch. I am afraid to try them again. 

selhard
on 1/8/14 12:37 am - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

FYI:  Think Thin protein bars are on sale this week @ many Target stores.  I found $1.00 peel-off coupons on my favorite--Brownie Crunch. 

em83077
on 1/8/14 12:42 am - Ithaca, NY
Revision on 10/29/13

The sugar alcohol hasn't bothered me at all (crossing fingers)!!

chulbert
on 1/8/14 1:03 am - Rochester, NY
RNY on 01/21/13

The stats on these look pretty good.  Maybe a bit short of what I consider the gold standard - Quest - but definitely among the better ones out there.  Glad you found something you enjoy!

(deactivated member)
on 1/8/14 3:08 am

anyone tried Luna Protein bars?  They are Gluten Free now and no sugar alcohols or other 'crap'.  Very clean ingredients for the most part, and 70% organic.  The cookie dough is my favorite.  I have not had my surgery yet so if someone post op has tried these or knows if they are ok or not post op let me know!

chulbert
on 1/8/14 3:56 am - Rochester, NY
RNY on 01/21/13

For myself, it's a little too low in protein and fiber, and too high in sugar compared to some of the alternatives.  Not a bad vitamin and mineral fortification mix but I would consider it more of a treat than a supplement.

Most Active
Recent Topics