Soda

bdaycakegirl
on 1/13/14 1:29 pm

I love the burn of an ice cold Diet Coke. But I am kicking it to the curb. I have wanted to break the habit for a long time, I figure this is a whole new start for me, I'll let it go.

hw: 311  cw:304  sw:???  gw:150

Jen M.
on 1/14/14 12:19 am - Houston, TX
RNY on 11/07/13

I was a HUGE soda drinker prior to surgery.  I mostly stayed with the diets but the more cherry flavor the better.  Since surgery, I can't do it.  The carbonation gets me before anything else.  It is painful!  And when it's somewhat tolerated, the flavors are not what I remember.  I miss the idea of it, but I don't miss the weight the soda helped me pack on and keep on.  I have gone towards the low calorie gatorade and powerade, not to mention a TON of water!  The squeezable drink mixes aren't bad but I've completely flipped my opinion of soda.  And full sugar soda is too scary to touch. I'd be afraid of the sugar!  Dumping Syndrome makes me feel like I'm going to die...  But I don't think all those empty calories can do anything good for your system as it is. 

missymoomoo12
on 6/11/19 7:28 am
RNY on 08/21/18

Sadly, I had started drinking soda again after 6 months. I am 10 months since surgery, I was so addicted to it. It is the hardest thing to give up!!!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 466 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 425 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 441 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 358 views