Soda

Mary Catherine
on 1/13/14 1:12 am

I have stretched one bottle out over a period of many hours, sipping very slowly.  There have been a few times when everyone else was having it, there was nothing else available for me to drink (like a picnic on a boat where I did not pack my own water and just assumed it would be available).  I do not tell others about my surgery.

So maybe two or three times in the last six years, I have accepted a regular soda and made it last the rest of the time I was with those people.

I am a dumper and would have been miserable if I drank a bottle of soda quickly.

Grim_Traveller
on 1/12/14 8:12 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

I'm sure there are a few that CAN tolerate it. But why would you want to try? You should be on a very low calorie diet, and even a small amount of soda will take a huge chunk out of that. So either you eat too many calories in order to get some proper nutrition, or skip the nutrition for healthy calories. Is it worth trading your health for soda? How about possibly having your hair fall out because you drank soda instead of eating protein? 

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Sherell
on 1/12/14 8:14 pm

Does your doctor's plan allow it?  Just curious...

The only way you'll know is to try it.  I would definitely dump.  I seem to be very, very sensitive in that area.  I've never, ever had a soda that tasted good enough to live through dumping.  Just sayin'

"I WANT TO LIVE.......thin."

weight.png        

Highest weight ever: 240
Start of WL journey: 217
Weight at surgery : 204
Weight 3 mos. post-op - 170        

SteveWebb
on 1/12/14 9:55 pm - NC

I'm pre-surgery and I'm sitting here enjoying a diet coke at the moment even though it has caffeine.  My program says no carbonated drinks after surgery, I intend to follow the guidelines.  I'm not trying to be mean , but why in the world would you want to go back to doing the things you did before surgery.  Keep in mind that WE are your CHEERLEADERS on this site and we want you to succeed.  I know a Nurse here at work that had RNY and she's back to drinking regular soda's, she's also gained a good bit of her weight back.  I hope you make good choices and succeed in your journey.  God bless you.  I have encouraged that Nurse to visit this site because she says she needs support, I try to give her all I can.

Jeremiah 29:11 " For I know the thoughts that I think towards you, says the Lord, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end". 

MalloryM1989
on 1/12/14 10:57 pm

I did not have this surgery for weight loss so that is not a big concern for me. 

Tess145
on 1/12/14 11:25 pm - Senatobia, MS

Why did you have it?

Tess

Starting Wt 306; Losing Wt 155; Goal Wt 145: Regain Wt 225; Current Wt 157
PS:  FDL Tummy Tuck, Hernia Repair 5/17/12, TT Revision, Butt and Thigh Lift 4/18/13

scoobyluvr1
on 1/13/14 5:50 am
RNY on 10/21/13

I'd like to know the answer to this too   lol

~Ronda~  

Can you hear me now? Only on R&R 3.0 PM me for an invite!

Cheryl N.
on 1/12/14 11:38 pm - Des Moines, WA

I drink Diet Dr Pepper with NO issues, doesn't cause me hunger, etc.  I'm 2 years out and still losing/maintaining.

I don't dare drink full sugar/calories drink as it may make me gain weight with all those calories.  Calories adds up quickly.

246 in Dec 2008 before banded 1/28/09 at 215 lbs, band crapped 9/09 at 170 lbs and struggled with it and regained to 203 revised to bypass on 8/1/11 and am very happy.

robyn_fresh
on 1/12/14 11:42 pm
RNY on 12/18/12

What would be another reason for RNY besides weight loss?

poet_kelly
on 1/12/14 11:48 pm - OH

As a treatment for diabetes or GERD, maybe?

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 454 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 412 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 353 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 436 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 353 views