AMAZING transformation thru RNY and Body Contouring Plastic Surgery - from 24W to size 4!...

MyBariatricLife
on 2/28/14 9:50 am

Just wanted to update you that now that my swelling has gone down I am in size 2 Lucky Brand jeans. I bought Charlie Skinny and Sienna Cigarette jeans today. They have 30% off store-wide. I seriously cannot believe that I am this small after plastic surgery. I am 5'7" and curvy with slim hips. I was an apple shape prior. If you are considering body contouring my advice is DO IT DO IT DO IT. Just make sure you have a brilliant plastic surgeon. I am so tickled pink with my results.

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

PetHairMagnet
on 2/28/14 11:34 am
RNY on 05/13/13
On February 28, 2014 at 5:50 PM Pacific Time, MyBariatricLife wrote:

Just wanted to update you that now that my swelling has gone down I am in size 2 Lucky Brand jeans. I bought Charlie Skinny and Sienna Cigarette jeans today. They have 30% off store-wide. I seriously cannot believe that I am this small after plastic surgery. I am 5'7" and curvy with slim hips. I was an apple shape prior. If you are considering body contouring my advice is DO IT DO IT DO IT. Just make sure you have a brilliant plastic surgeon. I am so tickled pink with my results.

WOW--you are making me want to go do this TOMORROW! Of course I am not even eligible for a while, lol, but man alive--you look FABU!  I am a bit torn about the drive to Dr. Capella (I am in NC and it is about 12 hours via car with reasonable stops, we go there a few times a year for family) and using one locally. Your results are just incredible and knowing the very detailed experiences is a huge step up from what I know about the other PS I am looking at here. 

If nothing else, I will schedule a consult in person on my next trip to NJ.  But dang...your results are undeniable!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

MyBariatricLife
on 2/28/14 12:01 pm

Oh, thank you so much!!! Honestly, so much of this is very surreal for me right now... like maybe one day I will wake up in my puddle of fat and realize this was all a dream. I feel like this sort of good fortune is what happens to someone else, but not to me. It is like I won the lottery and my life changed instantly. 

When I did my 4-mos post op consult with Dr. Capella - via emailed pics and phone convo - he told me that I looked incredible, fantastic, and that there were not enough adjectives to describe it. It is truly amazing what he can do with a scalpel... I asked him if he used a magic wand, LOL. I participated in my results by losing weight but honestly it was the muscle plication that made it possible. My appetite is still diminished from what it was prior. 

I am in Indy and he is about 10-11 hours drive. But plane fare is cheap. And at least you can stay with NJ family during recovery! There are only a few surgeons that really excel at body contouring after weight loss. And Dr. Capella is the best there is... with affordable prices... I cannot say that about the others. I kid you not that some of the other plastic surgeons are twice as much money. So the choice of surgeon was very easy for me. I waited 7yrs to do my surgeries and it was always Dr. Capella whom I wanted to perform them. 

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

MyBariatricLife
on 1/15/14 2:06 pm

P.S. The care center was CareOne and they were fabulous. The chef (not sure of his title) came to my room the first day there and brought me a case of bottle water so I did not have to drink tap water. He then asked me if I wanted any special food because he was gong to the market. He have me fresh pineapple every day and asked me what I wanted to eat for each of my meals. He would make me anything I wanted. A large part of the facility is a nursing home and I did not eat what those people wee eating. He also gave me the extension to the kitchen and told me to call whenever I wanted a snack. All just about all of the aides and nurses and everyone else who worked there were extremely friendly and fun! They were so excited about my surgery and would look at my before and after photos and touch my thighs then tell me how they wanted their bodies to be fixed. I really enjoyed my time there. Oh, I forgot, the evening that I arrived the director was there to greet me! 

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

PetHairMagnet
on 1/14/14 3:50 am
RNY on 05/13/13

And I will say--your body DOES look amazing!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

MyBariatricLife
on 1/14/14 4:36 am

THANKS!!!

So it sounds like you are near goal weight? My surgeon removed 11 pounds and 1 liter of lipo. The rest I lost on my own -- the muscle tightening seemed to add renewed constriction on my pouch and so I felt full much faster. I took full advantage of the opportunity and really tightened up my diet and then added exercise.

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

FLOWERPOWER1966
on 1/14/14 4:43 am
wow you look great.
MyBariatricLife
on 1/14/14 6:19 am

Thank you so very much!

And thank goodness for bariatric surgeons and plastic surgeons!

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

Kdiva
on 1/14/14 6:34 am - Margate, FL
You look awesome! You're such an inspiration for successful WLS & beyond
MyBariatricLife
on 1/14/14 10:00 am

Thanks so very much for your generous compliment. 

Living larger than ever,
My Bariatric Life

Dizzy

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 366 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 410 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 52 replies · 514 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 309 views