cream of wheat

browneyes65
on 1/24/14 10:20 am - IN

Has anyone tried this, I'm on my third week and it's on my paper for this time? every thing looks good but the carb content, do I worry about that ? 1 packet original 20g, 1packet cinnabon 29g,and 1packet maple brown sugar 28g. I will not eat a whole pack but this is on my list at this time ?

poet_kelly
on 1/24/14 10:23 am - OH

I'm guessing you aren't eating a ton of carbs at this point so I personally wouldn't worry about them in cream of wheat.  I might add a little protein powder to boost the protein in it, though.  I would also pay attention to how much sugar is in the flavored packets.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Day_dream_believer
on 1/24/14 11:06 am

Cream of wheat was on my plan. I made it very thin and sweetened it with sf syrups

browneyes65
on 1/24/14 1:04 pm - IN

did you have flavored in the mixed box or plain ? and did you add milk.

tdbull
on 1/24/14 11:56 am - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
I ate C of W at that stage as well, and just made it really runny and added some protein powder to it.

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

browneyes65
on 1/24/14 1:02 pm - IN

I can't eat the whole packet now, and I hate to waste it so I'm trying to figure out a way to not make a lot since I'm only eating 2 ounces.

diane48
on 1/24/14 12:59 pm
RNY on 05/07/13

I had plain cream of wheat at that stage.  I added protien powder or drink to thin it out.  Some of the packages may have sugar added so be carefull.

TurnThePage
on 1/24/14 11:32 pm

I would cook one serving, eat part of it and then re-warm the rest with a little milk later.  Microwave in short  increments, maybe 10 seconds each, so you don't overheat and dry it out.

BWB
on 1/25/14 12:12 pm

Cream of Wheat made my BS spike so I have Rolled Oats with fruit (blue berries) .  I add unflavored protein powder after they are cooked with more skimmed milk.

My main breakfast is egg, mushrooms,onions, cheese, and a tiny sausage or 1 slice of bacon on a small tortilla shell.  

Most Active
Recent Topics