What's on the menu today, RNY-ers?

Dcgirl
on 1/26/14 8:44 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hi all!

Im watching the Grammy pre-show on E and thinking about if/when I can wear gorgeous dresses like these chicks have on ;)

My diet today wasn't amazing. I'm only at 60 g of protein and I wish I had more but I don't think I want a snack tonight. I may try to have a diet hot cocoa and add some unflavored powder. I have this mental block where I get really anxious when I go much over 600 calories. My NUT didn't give me a calorie limit but it's one I have self-imposed. For you vets, should I go up to 700 calories on a day like today if it means 15 more g of protein?

Time since surgery: 6 weeks tomorrow! 37 lbs down as well :) Plus 18 in the two weeks pre-op. I am one happy camper :)

B: a Morningstar vegan griller veggie patty with 1/8 cup trader joes lite Mexican cheese and a tsp of ketchup and a tsp of mustard

E:  Went for an hour walk at 2.5 mph with 3 friends

L: 1.5 scrambled eggs, 2 slices bacon

D: 2.3 oz of tuna with 1 tbsp of light mayo, on these AMAZING Parmesan crisps that have no carbs

624 calories, 39 g of fat (high), 61 g protein, 13 g carbs 

What did you eat today? Em

NDHM
on 1/26/14 8:52 am

I LOVE these posts even though I don't participate. They give me loads of ideas & are inspiring. I have the flu (YUCK) so I have had a premiere RTD and tons of hot tea. Did manage to choke down my vitamins and move from the bed to the couch for a few minutes. Go me lol

Dcgirl
on 1/26/14 8:56 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

I'm so glad you find them valuable! I don't want to be annoying and keep posting menus if no one cares, but I know I love seeing what people are eating. I have to get more adventurous and cook meals with multiple ingredients instead of the same old standbys :) I'm so sorry to hear you are feeling bad. Soooo many people here have colds and the flu. Thankfully I got the flu shot and I'm feeling strong! Make sure to stay hydrated - being dehydrated will not help in any way, shape or form :( Hope you sleep well and wake up tomorrow like a new person!

NDHM
on 1/26/14 12:20 pm

Thank you :)

Kenyatta W.
on 1/26/14 9:15 am - Indianapolis, IN
RNY on 01/07/13

Hey DcGirl!!!

I was just like you afraid to go over my set calories of 800. Now I upped my calories and protein and the scale started moving. Now since you are still so early out around 600 to 700 sounds about right but maybe the others could shine in on this.

Time out from surgery: 1 yr almost 4 weeks post op

B: Protein coffee, 1 scrambled egg with 1/8c shredded cheese, 1 slice turkey bacon

L: 1/2 protein bar, 1 light baby bel cheese, 1 oz deli meat

S 1: 1 oz turkey jerky

D: 3 oz roasted pork loin, 1/3c green beans, 1/3c mixed cooked greens

S 2: 1/3c roasted chick peas flavored with splenda and cinnamon

E: 1 hour at gym; 35 mins on elliptical (The DEVIL) Lol, 25 mins on weights

W/Vits: Are on target

Totals: Calories 954, Protein 109 grams, Carbs 46 grams, Fats 37 grams

~Kenyatta"....Nothing never changes itself, Unless YOU make it...."

HW: 305 SW: 272 CW: 150  GW: 150

BMI Finally in Over Weight range..... ECSTATIC!!!!!

Dcgirl
on 1/26/14 9:48 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Well I just mixed up some sugar free hot chocolate that gets me to 729 calories but80 g of protein. So I won't stress about it. I guess as much as I would prefer to have food over shakes it seems like the powder packs a lot of protein with few calories and carbs :) I mixed sugar-free Swiss Miss hot cocoa mix, one packet Splenda, one scoop Inspire Dutch chocolate cake powder, and one tbsp of DaVinci sugar free mint syrup. It's delicious on a cold night! I did 300 calories of exercise today so I will try not to beat myself up over it :)

Im impressed with your 35 mins on the ellyptical. I totally call that "the machine of death" lol

Kenyatta W.
on 1/26/14 9:54 am, edited 1/26/14 10:06 am - Indianapolis, IN
RNY on 01/07/13

LOL girl that machine had me praying!!! Lol but at the same time it burns the most calories so that's my machine Mon-Sat and alternating different body parts on weights on different days so that I don't strain my muscles.

Kenyatta

Dcgirl
on 1/26/14 9:58 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Kenyatta-that machine doesn't have me praying, it has me SWEARING! I did a class at my friends gym yesterday called Body Pump. My whole body is screaming today! I went and walked 2.5 miles outside. Tomorrow I am trying Zumba for the first time. And I will start with a trainer in March so they can help me figure out what to do. I'm not great on my own-I do the same routine repeatedly and I want to mix it up :)

Working out six days a week? That's incredible! I can't wait to lose more so working out is easier. As in, lugging around 100 less lbs :)

Kenyatta W.
on 1/26/14 10:10 am - Indianapolis, IN
RNY on 01/07/13

I do understand that! Since I'm lighter I'm able to do a lot more and not be so winded. I would love to try Zumba. Please let me know how it goes! :)

Kenyatta

Day_dream_believer
on 1/26/14 9:28 am

Breakfast: sliced ham ( I was running late)

lunch:  ham and cheese roll ups

snack jicama

dinner tilapia tacos

snack Greek yogurt

today is my rest day for exercise

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 483 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 483 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 326 views