When did your pouch embarrass you?

Dcgirl
on 2/2/14 12:19 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hi all,

Good morning and happy Super Bowl Sunday! My Sundays now consist of making egg bites so I have a healthy breakfast for the week, and today I'm making my first pot of turkey chili to bring to a party tonight :)

So let me paint a picture for you. There is a woman in my building who is a massage therapist and for neighbors, she does massaged for $40/hour! What a steal, right? So I decided to treat myself this morning. I woke up, drank an 11 oz EAS carb advantEDGE protein drink (17 G protein, 100 calories) and went to her place. 

This massage therapist is a 100 lb nymph. Her apartment has crystals, Buddha statues, ancient teapots, and hardcover books with titles like "the Encyclopedia of Fairies". You get the picture. 

So I hop up on the heated table for an hour massage and MY POUCH TALKED THE ENTIRE TIME!

I could tell it was distressing to her and she kept offering me water and as I lay there trying to relax, all I could hear were the loudest gurgles!!!

Has your pouch ever embarrassed you?

sonyamarie75
on 2/2/14 12:23 am - OH
RNY on 08/20/13 with

I work in a doctors office. There are times I will be in an exam room with a patient while the doctor is trying to talk to them and my pouch rudely interrupts. They have also been times when my pouch decides it's time for me to barf and I go running out of the room and high tail it towards the bathroom. I am not a quiet puker so this is quite humiliating. It's gotten better though. 

Sonya B, Toledo, Ohio- RNY  08/20/13  

Dcgirl
on 2/2/14 12:37 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Oh no! Thankfully my pouch doesn't randomly decide to barf-that would be more embarrassing than just talking for an hour in silent tranquility :) I'm glad it's gotten better over time!

Quinnherd
on 2/2/14 12:26 am - MA
RNY on 09/30/13

Absolutely! Last week I was in a meeting with my principal and a couple of students who needed to be spoken to. During the principals quiet and tender speech about being kind to others and how we do not tolerate name calling my pouch decided to add to the conversation. Tis went on for the entire meeting. The students (10 years old) kept looking at me like I had lost my mind...lol. Very embarrassing!

Dcgirl
on 2/2/14 12:36 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Why is the pouch so loud during quiet and tender moments?! Lol!

Its nice to know I'm not alone :) 

poet_kelly
on 2/2/14 12:29 am - OH

It surprises me that a  massage therapist would be distressed by gurgling stomach noises.  I would imagine, if she's been doing massages for any  length of time, she's heard all sorts of bodily noises.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

tdbull
on 2/2/14 12:49 am - WA
RNY on 08/13/13
My pouch talks more than I do!!! My husband and I enjoy our tea or coffee together in the AM, and he always tells me that he can hear my pouch chatting away, like it's a gurgling river. We just laugh about it. Nobody has actually said anything to me about it except my husband, tho.

Lapband surgery in 2009 -  Revision to RNY August 13, 2013 with gallbladder removal.

HW - (260)   SW - (197)   GW - (135), updated on 1-2-14 to 125lbs  HT 5'5"  Goal reached 3/2/14-revised goal to 120 on 3/9/14   reached 4/6/14             

Karen518
on 2/2/14 1:02 am

I noticed some pouch noises early on and quickly realized that if I avoid milk I have minimal interruption from my pouch. I can eat yogurt, cheese, and whey protein isolated drinks with no issues.  Might not make a difference for others, but I surely notice if I have milk in anything.

(deactivated member)
on 2/2/14 1:03 am

People have done worse on the table I am sure.At least you didn't pass gas. Sorry I had to say that.My husband and I go out a lot and sometimes there is a lot of gurgling but I ignore it.For now.

poet_kelly
on 2/2/14 1:08 am - OH

I was thinking the same thing.  I would think it would be pretty common for people to fart during a message.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 483 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 484 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 326 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 357 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 5 replies · 70 views
Recent Topics