Crackers, Chicken Pot Pie So Soon After Surgery?

White Dove
on 3/2/14 8:42 am - Warren, OH

When someone tells about the person they know who failed their surgery they are talking about people like your friend.  Surgery is only a tool to help you learn how to eat properly so that the weight comes off and stays off.  If he is not learning that lesson, then he is setting himself up to be a statistic.  After you have your surgery and are successful, you will probably no longer have him as a friend.

Laura in Texas
on 3/2/14 9:26 am

It sounds like your friend thinks he knows everything. Stop trying to get him to listen to reason and focus on your own journey. He will lose weight initially because the surgery is doing all the work. I seriously doubt he will be successful in the long run. Please learn from him and do what you know you need to do to not only lose the weight but keep it off for good. 

Best wishes!!

Laura in Texas

53 years old; 5'7" tall; HW: 339 (BMI=53); GW: 140 CW: 170 (BMI=27)

RNY: 09-17-08 Dr. Garth Davis

brachioplasty: 12-18-09 Dr. Wainwright; lbl/bl: 06-28-11 Dr. LoMonaco

"May your choices reflect your hopes and not your fears."

Sherrie P.
on 3/2/14 11:45 am
RNY on 02/06/13

I never drink protein shakes. They are all horrible to me, unless I mask them with fruits and calories - which just seems silly when I can eat meat.  I choked down my last one the day before I was cleared for soft solids at three weeks post op.  I can sneak unflavored protein powder into oatmeal and stuff like that if I feel like the protein count is a little low for the day.

I also eat crackers. Carbs were never a "trigger" for me nor does my plan demand a low carb diet.  To each his own success story.

I also eat more than crackers of course... LOL>  maybe his limited diet is just a  phase.

Agree with what the others have said -- don't worry about his story. Focus on your own!!

Revision Lapband to RNY 2-6-2013   HW: 286  Pre-Op Diet: 277  Surgery Day: 265  Goal: 155  CW: 155

Plastic surgery 8/28/2014: Brachioplasty, mastopexy, & abdominoplasty.

Plastic surgery 1/27/2015: Butt Lift

Ocalasam
on 3/3/14 12:25 am
RNY on 12/18/12

Everyone is different with what they can tolerate.  Also, everyone's plans are different that their doctor wants them to follow. . .vastly different, but everyone should have a plan.  Watch My 600 Pound Life, you'll see lots of people that are not compliant and are still eating fast food and grazing all day on carbs. . . and they are not losing weight.  Do what you need to do.  Your surgeon will have a plan and you should stick to it.  I still drink protein shakes (as a meal replacement - 30g protein/160 calories) to get all of my protein in.  I still struggle with getting enough protein from food.  I don't tolerate meat as well as others.  I can't eat very much at one time, but I am one pound away from goal, so it's working for me.  I do stay pretty low carb, but it IS a trigger for me.  I'm kind of an "all or nothing" person.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 499 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 498 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 340 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 371 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 9 replies · 86 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?