Feeling dizzy - 8 months out

dessalves
on 3/10/14 5:52 am

So I am about to be 8 months out and I am having my gallblader removed in 2 days (finally). I don't know if this has something to do with what I am feeling because eating the same amount of food is giving me  full sensation that I never had, even early out. On top of that I am Getting dizzy every time I stand up. My nut just told me to add more protein in my diet but after the surgery I am supposed to go on a liquid diet again so I am kind of worried. Did any of you guys fekt something like this so far out?

PetHairMagnet
on 3/10/14 6:12 am
RNY on 05/13/13

Your blood pressure is good though? I get very dizzy if I do not have enough sodium in my diet OR if I stand up too quickly, regardless of how much sodium I am taking in. 

I don't know anything about the gallbladder causing any additional issues, but know my low blood pressure leads to my being dizzy frequently if I am not very careful. 

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

MarilynDee
on 3/10/14 1:02 pm

My doctor told me not to cut the sodium out of my diet about 6 weeks in because my blood pressure was getting so low. I tend to get real dizzy prior to a nasty hot flash.

Check with your doctor.

Good luck with your upcoming surgery, DeeW

Dee.spunk
on 3/10/14 6:24 am - Sacramento, CA
I have low BP and that'll make me dizzy. Also, just standing up to quick. Maybe just take it slow when rising from a seated or laying down position.

Height:5'1.5 RNY:11/30/11 HW:307 SW:234 CW:136 GW:140 (LOST 73 Lbs. PRE-OP)

Ocalasam
on 3/10/14 11:37 pm
RNY on 12/18/12

That's not your gallbladder making you dizzy, likely low BP.  Stand up slowly and make sure you're getting enough water and up your salt a little.  I'm not a doctor, but this worked for me.  I think low BP with a lot of weight loss seems to be common.   Mine seems to have leveled off a bit - I'm at 14 months now.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 533 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 522 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 404 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 260 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 126 views
Recent Topics