Recent RNY Gastric Bypass 2/25/14

(deactivated member)
on 3/27/14 6:36 am, edited 3/27/14 6:37 am
RNY on 12/16/13

Hi Blackbird,

Welcome - I see Dr. Mecenas is your surgeon.  I live just down the road in Elmira!  Do you like seafood.  I ate a lot of salmon, scallops and fish when I moved to regular foods.  I found these easier to digest, than some other foods.  I also ate a fair amount of chicken. I try to add new things gradually to see how I react. Yesterday I had a little bit of an orange for the first time since surgery - it was amazing!

Blackbird1987
on 3/27/14 8:33 am

Hi Liz! 

What a small world! Thank you for your post! I feel better after reading all of the supportive comments on here. I really like crab, shrimp and tuna fish. I am a condiment girl though, did you eat any sort of dip or something with the fish? I like to season things and marinate them. Since the surgery my sense of smell and taste is super sensitive :(. I haven't tried seafood yet but I think it sounds like a great idea. Did you use ****tail sauce at all or tartar sauce? 

I had pureed chicken a few times and at first it wasn't so bad but now I can't stand the thought of it. Did you eat different recipes for chicken? I was thinking about making a lowfat chicken parm because the chicken is usually pretty moist but I would love to hear any recipes that worked for you. 

How long have you been out of surgery? Congratulations on the orange! I have had a lot of luck with pears, apple sauce and bananas so far, they digest really easily and are refreshing. 

-Ashley

sunnycali23
on 4/1/14 8:26 pm

Congrats on your surgery it might be to soon for eggs and toast I received a pamphlet as to what to eat during each month after surgery. I would stick to oatmeal,soups,tea,jello clear and soft food until 3 months out.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 492 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 491 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 332 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 363 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 9 replies · 70 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?