hormones

TheThr33
on 3/29/14 5:06 am - CA

I've been very emotional lately. I know I was told that hormones are released from our fat cells as we lose weight and i get that. I recently got in an argument with a friend because I'm so crazy right now. I wanted to show him that this might be part of the reason. Thing is I can't find anything online that supports what I was told. Does any one have a link to an article where this is explained?

PetHairMagnet
on 3/30/14 10:40 pm
RNY on 05/13/13
On March 29, 2014 at 12:06 PM Pacific Time, TheThr33 wrote:

I've been very emotional lately. I know I was told that hormones are released from our fat cells as we lose weight and i get that. I recently got in an argument with a friend because I'm so crazy right now. I wanted to show him that this might be part of the reason. Thing is I can't find anything online that supports what I was told. Does any one have a link to an article where this is explained?

There are two schools of thought on this from what I've read and some think it is a fallacy and others find it very real. I am in the latter of the two camps. I had never heard of it, but hooooo boy did my husband ever go through it and so did I, but at least for me, I was aware of what was happening from reading things here.

I think that if you cannot just tell someone that you are feeling out of sorts and having some hormone related issues that caused you to act/react in a way that is not your normal self without online support for what you are saying, they may not be worth the breath to say it to begin with.

If someone said or implied that I had to prove my feelings were valid, I'd not be wanting to have much to do with them. If he's not asking but you feel compelled, I'd say that you don't need to prove anything to anyone. 

Hugs!

HW333--SW 289--GW of 160 5' 11" woman.  I only know the way I know & when you ask for input/advice, you'll get the way I've been successful through my surgeon & nutritionist. Please consult your surgeon & nutritionist for how to do it their way.  Biggest regret? Not doing this 10 years ago! Every day is better than the day before...and it was a pretty great day!

TheThr33
on 3/31/14 6:14 pm - CA

More the later. I felt compelled to explain myself as this is not normal behavior for me. i kind of flipped out on him. But he seems pretty ok now if a little cautious. So I guess all is well. 

Grim_Traveller
on 3/30/14 11:06 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

I don't have any links at hand for you, but it is real. Aaother thing that effects moods is being on a very low calorie diet for a really long time. It sure effected me.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 333 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 371 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 334 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 21 replies · 232 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 101 views
Recent Topics