Dizzy and blacking out!!

Beyl689
on 4/7/14 1:40 pm - Gonzales, LA
RNY on 07/11/13

I have been having issues with getting super dizzy lately when I get up and walk around. I thought that maybe my blood pressure was dropping but we checked it and it was fine when I would stand up!  I also had my levels checked and everything was fine there also. So, I'm not sure what it could be. Not sure if it's surgery related or not. I'm about 7 months out.  About a month ago I actually ended up hitting the floor because I was so dizzy and blacked out.  Any advice?

MyLady Heidi
on 4/7/14 2:06 pm

Dehydration or Blood sugar crashing.

indybuttercup
on 4/7/14 6:24 pm - Indianapolis, IN

Blood sugar crashing...happened to me round 6 months.  Had to go to 5 small meals a day

Mimisocks
on 4/7/14 10:19 pm - PA
RNY on 07/08/13

Have you contacted your PCP or surgeon about the symptoms you are having?  Think of how dangerous it could be to black out while driving or with your child?

Please contact someone NOW!

Believe in yourself and don't ever stop dreaming!

Kimberly K.
on 4/7/14 10:38 pm
RNY on 03/21/14

I don't normally like to say that I am a nurse on this board but I am and I say that because I want to give some credibility to my response. That being said, blacking out is not good! You must call your pcp and go to see him/her immediately for evaluation. This could be completely unrelated to your surgery and weight loss. In any case the cause must be found and corrected. Please do not delay any further. And please let us know how you are doing!

Kim K.    

Patm
on 4/7/14 10:51 pm - Ontario, Canada
RNY on 01/20/12

I get this if I stand up too fast o if I have had my feet elevated. Your PCP can test your blood pressure at rest and then as you stand up. There is a term for this type of blood pressure drop but I can't remember the name. I found the further out from surgery I was the less it happens. i still have to be careful and tend to get up slowly and stand for a moment

JJ0609
on 4/7/14 10:53 pm

Please have yourself checked out. Do not let this go on.  

“Let someone love you just the way you are – as flawed as you might be, as unattractive as you sometimes feel, and as unaccomplished as you think you are. To believe that you must hide all the parts of you that are broken, out of fear that someone else is incapable of loving what is less than perfect, is to believe that sunlight is incapable of entering a broken window and illuminating a dark room.”― Marc Hack

Ht:5'4 SW:268 CW:127.2 GW:125 RNY 06/09 Stomach/colon revision 11/13  

Grim_Traveller
on 4/7/14 11:04 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

This happens to me, and is definitely blood pressure. They check mine sitting and immediately on standing, and there is a big difference. It levels out pretty quickky though, so you have to recheck it fast. It's called orthostatic hypotention.

I hope you get this figured out.

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

sweetlongie
on 4/8/14 12:17 am
VSG on 05/08/14

Grim is this condition directly related to your wls?

Angie_K
on 4/7/14 11:44 pm - VA
RNY on 05/22/13

It happens to me too, with the exception of the blacking out part.  I agree with the others that say it's a blood pressure thing.  I have to be mindful to get up very slowly to avoid it happening too much.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 457 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 414 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 354 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 437 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 354 views