Any healthy options for Easter Dinner?

Dcgirl
on 4/15/14 2:02 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

I have tried this and it's PHENOMENAL!  You can sub light sour cream or even better, greek yogurt instead of cream cheese.  You can also experiment with different toppings like chives/bacon etc.  Will make you feel like you're having mac and cheese or cheese and rice casserole, for real!

http://allrecipes.com/recipe/garlic-mashed-cauliflower/

Blackbird1987
on 4/15/14 2:37 am

YUM! That sounds good, I once had some sort of cheesy cauliflower mash and it was great, I think with chives and bacon it would be even better! I haven't had bacon yet and I am nervous to see if I could eat it, how far out were you when you tried it? Any suggestions on how to eat it?

Dcgirl
on 4/15/14 2:59 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

I probably wouldn't try it in a crowd of people, in case it doesn't sit with you, but it doesn't seem to be a problem food for people.  I tried it three weeks post op and was fine.  It's all protein, no carbs, but high in fat, so I don't eat it often, but if I am having brunch out at a restaurant, I will get an egg white omelette and bacon :)  I also use it in egg bites.  I probably have it 2 or maybe 3 times per month.  I like it super crispy!  This recipe is seriously amazing.

ShrinkingJoe
on 4/15/14 2:16 am

After six weeks of fasting, the only things to have for the celebration of Pascha include roast leg of lamb, cheese, eggs, cream, bacon, butter and all other manner of animal flesh and animal food products!

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 491 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 491 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 332 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 363 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 52 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?