Multivitamins

poet_kelly
on 5/25/14 8:36 am - OH

I haven't seen many liquid multivitamins and many of the ones I have seen, are missing a lot of important ingredients.  One that comes to mind right off is the Wellesse multi.  It has no minerals in it.

Celebrate makes a product called ENS which is like a drink mix.  Looks sorta like those individual packets of ENS.  It's a multi plus 500 mg calcium citrate.  It has all the stuff we need in a multi and it tastes good (I think).  It's pricy, though.

You need to look at the labels.  Look for 100% of the RDA of most stuff.  It should list all the vitamins A, a bunch of B's, C, D, E, K, and a bunch of minerals including zinc, copper, selenium.  There should be a percentage next to each thing and look for one that has 100% of most of those things.  Then you need to take two a day.

Sometimes you have to do a little math.  Like, on the bottle of Bariatric Fusion, you will see 100% next to most of the things listed.  but that is for FOUR tablets.  So that's why you'd have to double it and take EIGHT, because we need 200% of the RDA total for most things.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Sandie E.
on 5/25/14 9:59 am - La Grande, OR
RNY on 05/14/14

Ok that makes a lot of sense. Thank you!

Highest - 281   1st appt - 274   Approval/pre-surgery - 259   Current - 136

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 499 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 498 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 340 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 371 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 9 replies · 86 views