RNY easy- am I there yet

SkinnyScientist
on 7/22/14 3:49 am

First of all, this is not complaining. I love my RNY and what it has done for me. Weightloss, for me, is the easiest it has ever been and the RNY is working.

After being obese for so long, I sometimes find myself just wanting to be "there" [aka thin/normal] already.  Some people say, "Well, you didnt put on the weight overnight so dont expect it to come off overnight" but I literally DID put weight on overnight due to hormonal issues. I remember weighing myself when on diets and seeing the scale go up 4-5 lbs per week!  

Sometimes, I just want to arrive at that perfect/skinny weight instanteously so I may go buy my "final" set of clothes. The ones that I wont shrink out of...the pretty and expensive ones like Vera Wang, chanel, gucci...etc etc.  I have dreamed of these clothes and wished for more than a decade and a garment or two will be my treat/reward.

But damn, there are days when I wish that I was just "there" already!

RNY Surgery: 12/31/2013; 

Current weight (2/27/2015) 139lbs, ~14% body fat

Three pounds below Goal!!! Yay !  

aweis
on 7/22/14 4:05 am

AMEN! I agree with you 100%

Amy

jenorama
on 7/22/14 4:15 am - CA
RNY on 10/07/13

Haha, I hear you!  When I was in the waiting for surgery stage, I remember telling my husband that I wanted it to be done already and just wake up in a puddle of skin.  I keep reminding myself that I'm losing weight at a faster rate than when I was on HMR (doc supervised lo cal diet).  On that program, it took me about a year to lose 100 lbs and I've already done that since October.  

I am also a frustrated shopper.  I'll go looking and finger things and remind myself of the storage boxes of smaller clothes I have waiting for me and how I don't really need anything.  I have size 16 and 14 pants and size L tops all waiting in my closet.  What I need to do is cull the shirts in my drawers and get rid of the things that are too big and start trying on the stuff in the storage tubs.  I'm going to the Canadian Rockies in September and I didn't have a decent cool-weather jacket until I found an XL North Face ladies' jacket on sale, so I did allow myself to splurge on that, even though I know that by serious winter comes along it will be too big.  

So let's get there already!  :D

Jen

SkinnyScientist
on 7/22/14 11:42 am

I need to cull the shirts that are too big too. But I dont because they make comfy pjs!  :)  But I should

jenorama
on 7/22/14 1:10 pm - CA
RNY on 10/07/13

I have a ton of t-shirts from the corporate olympics (I volunteer every year) that are 2x. I still sleep in them, but they are getting ridonk!

Jen

White Dove
on 7/22/14 4:35 am - Warren, OH

Don't put off enjoying life.  Buy a few great outfits at a sale or consignment shop  and enjoy it now.  I did that for every size and gave them away or took to consignment when they were too big for me. 

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

SkinnyScientist
on 7/22/14 11:43 am

great idea!  I shall do that!

karenp8
on 7/22/14 5:52 am - Brighton, IL

I agree with White Dove. Find some great consignment or resale shops in better parts of town and get good things now that fit you. I felt so much more motivated to stay on plan when my clothes fit well and people could tell I was losing.

HarvestMoon1974
on 7/22/14 6:01 am - Keyport, NJ
Revision on 05/01/14

I hate when people use that line about not gaining it overnight. At one point, I literally gained 30 lbs in a month. I'd consider a lb a day gain to be as close to overnight as one can get. I know it's unrealistic to expect to lose it all right away, but it does get frustrating for people when they hit a stall. I don't remember how long it took to lose my first 100. I wanna say about 6 months, but I've always been a quick loser, even before wls. I didn't get to goal for a few years, due to my own issues with food, but I've been down 190 lbs for a couple of years now. I was down 204, but regained a bit, and settled here.

If you keep at it, it'll happen sooner than you realize. Best wishes to you!

" Life is a roller coaster, enjoy the ride"
Carol 378/189/170

Thankful for my little miracles Joshua and Daniel.

SkinnyScientist
on 7/22/14 11:44 am

I hear you about "gaining overnight" comments. I am a fast gainer too!  Unfortunately, I am a slow loser...

Most Active
Recent Topics
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 7 replies · 74 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 297 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 302 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?