What's on your menu today, RNYers?

AnnyBananny
on 8/21/14 9:52 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Good morning all, being on vacation with a 3 year old and 8 month old means not much sleeping in around here. I'm also feeling the heat after going off the rails a bit TWO DAYS! I did great throughout the day on both days, but evening rolled around and I'd go "crazy." Crazy being a relative term since both days my calories only reached 1200, but that was still higher than I would have liked and made up of things that weren't on plan. 

We're headed home today and I'll be back to routine, back to my house that is filled with only my food, choices will be easier. The choices I made are done, I'm moving on, but I'm also thinking about how to not let this happen again in two weeks when I go to the beach AGAIN with a different group of family. For instance, I know I need to get the ingredients for my Cool Whip FroYo - I still have a sweet tooth and seeing everyone else with ice cream (literally) every night was rough for me. I'm also going to plan to put away snacks, not leave them out on the table/counter where I see them as much. I'll take the responsibility to put things away when they get left out. And I'm also going to make sure to take several different and delicious 0 calorie drink options with me as I do find it easier to stay away from the food when I'm drinking.

Any strategies you use on vacation or when with family to stay on plan?

Time since surgery: 5 months

B: Loaded Greek Yogurt

S: Iced Coffee, a Chike, 15 Honey Roasted Almonds

L: Quest bar for the drive back into the city

S: Fiber Gourmet cheese thinables, 1 wedge of Laughing Cow Light Creamy Swiss

D: Omelet made with Eggbeaters, Jimmy Dean turkey sausage crumbles, and blue cheese

S: Cool Whip FroYo and probably a popsicle sometime during the evening

TOTALS: Calories 897, Protein 87, Carbs 75, Fat 41

V/W: Started

E: packing, carrying, playing with nieces, walking - nothing formal today - back to the gym tomorrow

Hope everyone has a great day full of good choices!  

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

Dcgirl
on 8/21/14 10:52 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hi Anny,

I'm not excusing your "off the rails" eating but I have to say if on 2 of 4 days of vacation you indulged in 1,209 calories, you're doing ok in my book. You're planning to get back to your own cooking and the gym so I have not lost confidence in your ability to hit goal this year! It sounds like you had fun and yes, traveling with my step-niece is a whole lotta work so I hear you!!!

I've been struggling this week too - protein is always good but calories are a little high for where I want to be. Too many meals at restaurants. Ugh. 

In happy news, today is my birthday!!! And I can't help but think how many more birthdays I will have thanks to my RNY. So I'm feeling super contemplative and grateful today. 

Time since surgery: 8 months one week

b: Chiiiiike!

S: strawberry banana light and fit yogurt before gym at noon

l: leftover chicken kebab meat from last night from the BEST Lebanese restaurant

d: no clue - we will be in downtown Detroit for the Eminem and Rihanna concert!!!

e: promised to walk 2 miles with my friend and her dog and then I am swearing that I will do 45 mins arc trainer and 45 mins strength training. I am overdue on a hardcore workout

No idea where my totals will be. Prob 80 G protein and a few too many calories ugh. Like I have been saying all week - I am not going to gain but I'm not sure I will lose. 

I have the day off so I am going to go start my day! Have a great one!!! Em

AnnyBananny
on 8/21/14 10:55 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Ya, Emily! HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU! You're going to have SUCH a fun day - being off and in Detroit with old friends AND going to the concert tonight. Have a great time. It must be such a great feeling to be celebrating such a momentous year!

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

karenp8
on 8/21/14 11:02 pm - Brighton, IL

Happy birthday Em! And have fun at the concert too!

nurserobin
on 8/21/14 11:49 pm

Happy Birthday!

Lisa87
on 8/22/14 1:29 am
RNY on 12/13/13

Happy Birthday!!!

Dodgergirl27
on 8/22/14 2:09 am
RNY on 01/22/14

Happy Birthday!

crqvingchange
on 8/22/14 12:18 pm

Happy Birthday Em.  Wishing you many, many many more happy and healthy birthdays.

karenp8
on 8/21/14 11:00 pm - Brighton, IL

When I am with family I am the table clearer too. I put food away and do the dishes to keep my hands busy. I also make sure to always have a drink nearby as that distracts me from the food. Your idea about your froyo is great too. Have a sweet available that you can enjoy when others have their ice cream. Hot day here in Illinois but Lily and I got our 3.8 miles in already. When I finish my coffee I will spend 20 minutes with Jillian so I can be done with exercise for today. On track with vitamins and fluids so far. One week away from 2 years post op and weight at 120 today. Here's my eats: B 1/2 c steel cut oats with nuts and half a banana with peanut butter L 31/2 oz turkey meatballs and 1/2 c sliced fresh tomatoes S whole grain crackers with peanut butter D 31/2 oz t bone and 1/2 c mixed veggies S Greek yogurt with nuts. Have a great weekend everyone!

Lisa87
on 8/22/14 1:28 am
RNY on 12/13/13

Hey everyone!

Thought I would check in.....

Time since surgery- 8 months

B- Premier Protein Shake CHOCOLATE

L- 1 hard boiled egg, 2 oz of cheddar cheese, 2 oz of smoked salmon

D- WILL BE- combo fajitas, shrimp, chicken, steak- a spoonful or two of refried beans- Hold everything else!

S1- 2 dried figs and a 2 oz of peanuts

S2- 16 oz of 2% milk

Vitamins- On track

Water- 40 oz already done- 60 more to go....

E- 1 mile during the work day divided up into 3 segment- I've done 2 already...

Loving my life and enjoying time with those I love!

Have a great day!!!!!

Lisa87 

5'4"

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 428 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 385 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 300 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 427 views