What's on your menu today, RNYers?

AnnyBananny
on 12/1/14 9:58 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Good morning OH! Gloomy day here in the Philly suburbs  I also came into work for an 8am committee meeting and half of the group, including the chair, didn't show - so that was quite annoying!

After a long holiday weekend of not making the best choices I weighed in yesterday morning back at my lowest weight of 167.5 - yippee! But this morning? 169.5...WTF?! Oh scale, you are a fickle, fickle friend.

Time since surgery: 8.5 months

B: Overnight Oats

S: coffee with cream, apples and PB

L: buffalo chicken salad eaten with celery and cheese crisps, sweetened ricotta

S: almonds and a Babybel

D: TJ's chicken sausage and Kay's Natural snack mix

S: SkinnyPop and a Dole Dippers

TOTALS: Calories 1205, Protein 92, Carbs 87, Fat 67

V/W: started

E: BodyPump night, which is going to huuuuuurt since I haven't been there in a month 

Make good choices, friends!

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

carimiller9173
on 12/1/14 10:23 pm - Wilmington, DE

Good day!!  Just have a ? for anyone that can answer.... Anny, I see you had buffalo chicken salad.... how do you handle spicier foods since surgery?  Do you find you can still enjoy them?  Just wondering. 

Thanks!!
Carrie

Pre-op weight 342.5; Surgery 320.7

M 1-10.5

AnnyBananny
on 12/1/14 10:37 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Carrie, I actually have been enjoying spicy food MORE now than I did pre-op. Not sure why... but as with everything, everyone is different and I would recommend starting slowly. I also didn't try anything spicy until I was probably 3 months out.

karenp8
on 12/1/14 10:38 pm - Brighton, IL

Cari I'm not Anny but I tolerate spicy things now just like I did before surgery.Have not really had any problems.

AngryViking
on 12/1/14 10:43 pm
RNY on 07/17/14

Hello all!  It's gloomy here in CNY, too, and apparently we are expecting a "weather event" tonight into tomorrow.  Awesome.  I really don't mind driving in the snow, but I hate everyone else who's driving in the snow.  LOL  Don't slow me down if you're stupid enough to not have snow tires on your vehicle.  This is Syracuse, people, not Miami.

Time since surgery:  4 1/2 months

B:  coffee and Yolpait Greek Tropical Fruit with 1/4 c. of All Bran

L:  Beef jerky and a South Beach Good to Go bar; I have a bunch of errands to run at lunchtime, so there'll be no sit down dining. 

D:  Venison Swedish meatballs with corn casserole (I'm going to finish this if it kills me) and peas

S:  babybel light

TOTALS:  Cals:  815  Protein:  55  Carbs:  78  Fat:  34

AnnyBananny
on 12/1/14 11:56 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Seriously! I trust myself, but it's the other yahoos that I don't LOL. Around here people think since they have an SUV they can do anything!

karenp8
on 12/1/14 10:47 pm - Brighton, IL

Cold gloomy day here in Illinois too. Lily and I will wait til afternoon to walk our 2 or 3 miles at the park. I will also do two miles on the treadmill downstairs and 25 minutes on the bike. On track with fluids and vitamins. Had an NSV over the holiday. I bought5 new shirts at Goodwill for 25 dollars and 4 were size XS AND they all fit. I didn't even know there was such a size before! Post op 27 months and weight today at 121.6. Here's the food plan: B 1/2 c steel cut oats with nuts and half a banana with peanut butter L 31/2 oz pork griller 1/2 c green beans S string cheese D 31/2 oz tilapia 1/2 c sweet potatoes S Greek yogurt with nuts. Hope everybody has a good day!

AnnyBananny
on 12/1/14 11:59 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

LOL - right, Karen? When I see XS and 0 I always think to myself - WHAT?! That's amazing that they fit!

Dcgirl
on 12/1/14 11:02 pm - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Good morning, all!  Yes, Anny, the scale can suck.  I didn't weigh myself today because I loved yesterday's all time low weight lol.  Angry Viking, I totally feel you re: bad drivers.  I am from Detroit and living in DC, people here drive like morons in rain and snow.  It's a rainy and gloomy day here too.  I am working in front of a space heater.

Karen, I still can't believe how tiny you are!!!  XS???

Time Since Surgery: 11.5 months

B: Chike shake before 6:30 am exercise class, a coffee with organic half and half,

S: 5 34 degree crackers with light whipped cream cheese and smoked trout from Trader Joe's

L: Turkey chili - don't have many groceries so I am digging out the freezer!

S2: Kay's honey mustard jalapeño twists

D: Meeting a friend out tonight ugh in this weather.  It's Italian so I will have a cheese plate.  High in fat, low in carbs :)

E: 40 minute exercise class and 50 minutes on the Arc Trainer (I love getting it out of the way in the morning)

I bought some new packets of Crystal Light with caffeine that you just add to 16 oz of water.  Very excited to try them today.  When I use water flavoring I drink at least 100 oz of fluid in a day!

Have a great day and I hope some of you guys don't have crappy weather like we do on the east coast!  Em

AnnyBananny
on 12/2/14 12:00 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Em, you're crazy with these 6:30am workouts. It must be awesome to get them out of the way first thing. I really should try to get into the habit myself. Maybe I'll work out a plan that you call and harass me to wake up on the days that you do early morning work outs...

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 446 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 401 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 335 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 435 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?