liquids day one.

Deana_
on 12/8/14 7:43 am

Hi I am on my first day of my liquid diet.. 13 more days to go.

I am gagging on these protein shakes.

I wish that places sold test size portions of the protein. Now I have paid 40.00 for a tub of protein that i cant even use. It is the gnc 100 percent whey strawberry.

Im not hungry, thats not why im upset. Im trying to figure out  how im going to drink this protein for the next 13 days.

Today i have had some broth, sugar free jello, water, water, two protein shakes and some benefiber with water. 

My surgeon gave me a test of the unjury chicken soup protein but when i mixed it with the ho****er in the office it never even disintegrated. It was just as clumpy as when it came out of the packet.

Help me. 

Rforbes79
on 12/8/14 7:54 am

Bariatric choice sells a broth beef and chicken but I could not stand it .buy a four pack instead of a tub to try them then when u find one u like then buy the tub save ur self tons of money trust me I learned the hard way . I had surgery November 3 .

Hw 301    Gw150  Sw Started my journey in June went to my info session then July 1st was meeting with the surgeon . Have lost 7 of my 15 I had to loose next appt is august 5 . I'm excited told me it could be as soon as 3 months .went to the docs on august 2 Nd and I lost 13 lbs . I go on September 8 th and should have a date for surgery in early October  

mschwab
on 12/8/14 8:17 am
RNY on 11/21/14

Mix the Unjury chicken soup with warm water, not hot.  Ho****er changes the texture. I drank Premier protein and GNC Lean 25 shakes when I was on liquids.  All pre-mixed so I didn't have to mess with them.  You can buy single bottles in different flavored to see which ones work for you.

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

Zonechef
on 12/8/14 9:41 am
RNY on 12/03/14

I agree with mschwab on this. Mixing in a blender with warm water or warm milk (cold and hot both did not mix right) worked out great for me. I had great luck with Pure Protien Whey - Rich Chocolate Powder ($10- for 1 LB which made 11 portions so less than $1 per portion). was great tasting for me and blended smoothly with fat free milk. I also liked the pure protein pre-made shakes although they were pricey at about $2.89 for an 11 oz. can. Good luck!!

knolmom
on 12/8/14 10:15 am

I had 3 week pre op fasting with 2 Premier Protein shakes each day. Got cases of both vanilla and chocolate at Cosco or BJ for half the price of Amazon. Loved them then and now on day 5 post RNY still loving 2 a day plus Unjury chicken broth made with warm or hot but not boiling water and also putting Unjury unflavored into my G2 lemon lime and Crystal light. Getting in all my protein and liquids in because they taste so good to me. Before my surgery I loved muscle milk 100 sugar free vanilla and chocolate but the taste turned on me and I gave them away.

Going to make crystal light ice pops and cherry jello with unflavored Unjury to have tomorrow.

catalina07
on 12/8/14 10:20 am - NY
Revision on 11/20/14

try Ensure High Protein or Premier Protein drinks. I really struggle with protein, especially the powders. These dont taste bad at all to me.

Revision: Band to Bypass - 11/20/14

Lap Band - 7/30/07 

Deana_
on 12/8/14 10:34 am

How many carbs are in the premiere protein and where can you find the premade drinks?

Poodlemac
on 12/8/14 12:47 pm
RNY on 09/26/14

1gm sugar in the chocolate drinks. They're decent, tho not delicious. I add a couple of drops of chocolate extract to give them a richer flavor. I prefer the atkins shakes..I have one or the other, twice a day for a snack. The best price I've found is at Costco, tho Sams also has them.

BIG TIP!  GNC will take their crappy protein powder back!! I had to kinda fuss with them about it because I didn't have the receipt (bought it 4 days post op and have no idea where I put it!) but I bought their "membership" card and KNEW they could find proof of purchase with that stupid thing. So, you're not stuck with that poo-poo protein!!!

sor09
on 12/8/14 12:54 pm

Yup, sounds gross too. I heard (when I was pre op) to wait on what you think you'll like and think you'll like the taste too. They were right! Like you I bought tons of stuff pre-op...dang, but to find out later my taste buds changed big time. I went to Bariatric Choice... and found the soups and hot drinks w/ protein were just what I wanted and I got my liquids and protein together, as I needed. It's not a bought fill up like a tick, just drink and eat what's really needed... worked and still works. I never tried to make sure I got my numbers in, except for the vitamins. Ho****er works very good with the powders too. Thing I learned a long the way... add some cold water to the drink just to mix things up smoothly, finish off with the hottes****er for a nice warm cup of you favorite flavor. Combining them works good too. My favorite is mixing, at post op. 1+1 veggie Joe and crème of tomato and add strips of red and yellow bell peppers on the side... PS I also add a quarter teaspoon of cayenne pepper. Cayenne Pepper has a gigantic amount of vitamin A. I was low in vitamin A for my first 6 month blood screening, but after just adding the pepper, I was just as normal as I was pre op for vitamin A, after another three months. Lots of non surgery Wows too.

Berryhoosier
on 12/8/14 10:23 pm
RNY on 12/17/14

I'm one week in to my liquid diet and I've learned a few tricks.  Try mixing with a little more liquid so it will be less gloopy.  I also found milk to be too thick and switched to light almond milk.  For mixing, the blender bottle is awesome and easy (They have them at Sam's). Finally, drink hot tea or fat free broth between shakes to help you feel like you've had a hot meal.  Hope this helps!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 439 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 394 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 332 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 431 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 332 views