What a day today has been!!!!!

thighhighboots
on 12/29/14 11:30 am - mableton, GA
RNY on 01/28/15

I am on this site faithfully everyday reading people's success, failures, realizations, NSV's and everything else. Since I decided to have surgery I have always said I was going to get sleeved. It was a no brainer. All my insurance requirements were done on December 16th, my nurse submitted my paperwork to insurance on December 22nd. My approval came back 1 hour after she sent it.  GOD is so GOOOOOOOD!!!!

So Christmas came and went but my research continued on every site I could google. I wanted to have an idea how it feels to be rid of HTN, reflux and anything else my doctor diagnosed me with. (Thank goodness else) Well after my research I have learned with the sleeve I would not be rid of reflux. Actually in some cases it get worse. NO WAY! NOT GONNA HAVE REFLUX FOREVER!!!

So today I go to my surgeon office and after I have already been approved I say I want the RNY instead. The nurse said "So you thought about what I told you." I said no, this is a decision I am making for me and I want the best shot at using my tool I can give myself. This is for me. She said it is dependent on what my insurance say, sometimes they don't let you switch. She called me a hour and a half later and said it was approved. LOOK AT GOD WORK!!!!!!!

Not 1 but 2 approvals that didn't even take a day to process. Then to top it off I get home and in the mail was my approval for the sleeve and hospital stay that was submitted on December 22nd.

So now I can say, as of 1/28/15 slide on over for my seat on the loser's bench. Until then keep my spot warm please.

Thigh High Boots

Don't give up on you, press on until you reach the finish line!

crazy4birds
on 12/29/14 11:52 am
RNY on 12/02/14

I have acid reflux, GERD and was told by my dr that I could only have RNY and I wanted the sleeve.

HW: 240   SW:  224   Goal:  130 

thighhighboots
on 12/29/14 12:09 pm - mableton, GA
RNY on 01/28/15

I know nothing is 100%, I am sorry that you still have GERD as well. That is not the only reason I changed just an example of 1.

My post was my expression on how GREAT I am feeling about starting my journey.

Thigh High Boots

Don't give up on you, press on until you reach the finish line!

Scarlette B.
on 12/29/14 1:53 pm - TX
RNY on 03/20/14

On your way sister friend!!

LilySlim Weight loss tickers  

crazy4birds
on 12/29/14 2:10 pm
RNY on 12/02/14

I wrote that wrong...I was diagnosed with GERD long before surgery and was told that the sleeve and the lap band were not options and I should have RNY.  The doc was willing to do the sleeve but he warned me I would probably have problems so I took his advice and had the RNY four weeks ago.  I am definitely happy I chose this over the sleeve and in no way was trying to put down your choice.  Sorry for the misunderstanding.  Happy that you got the approval and are on your way!

HW: 240   SW:  224   Goal:  130 

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 50 replies · 505 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 470 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 49 replies · 413 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 46 replies · 422 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 18 replies · 80 views