Hair loss

HFA70
on 1/9/15 7:05 am

I am 15 months out and still losing hair at an alarming rate.  I upped my protein about 2 weeks ago and am getting about 90-100 grams a day.  My vitamins were changed at my one year check up as my iron was low. 

Does anyone know what could be the cause of so much hairloss this far out? 

Thanks

White Dove
on 1/9/15 12:15 pm - Warren, OH

The most likely cause is quick weight loss and eating less.   When the food intake is reduced it will use the food it is getting to nourish things like your heart, other organs, bones, and nerves. 

Your body considers hair and nails to be decorations.  Increasing the protein should help a lot, but it will take months to notice a lot of difference.

There can be many other causes, like stress, too much vitamin A, thyroid problems, or a hormone inbalance.

Your doctor or dermatologist can help.

Real life begins where your comfort zone ends

Cicerogirl, The PhD
Version

on 1/9/15 1:27 pm - OH

What White Dove said. Could be stress, thyroid levels, hormone levels, vitamin deficiency... A number of things.

When you had your labs checked, I assume they checked your Vit D level, but did they also check Vit A and zinc (some surgeons don't, for some reason)?  Deficiencies in both can cause hair loss (and I read (bit don't know how true it is) that too MUCH Vit A can also cause hair loss).

How much protein were you getting (and how many calories) per day before you increased your protein 2 weeks ago?

Lora

14 years out; 190 pounds lost, 165 pound loss maintained

You don't drown by falling in the water. You drown by staying there.

HFA70
on 1/11/15 6:49 am

Thanks for your replies. 

I am eating about 1000 calories a day.  I was typically getting 60-80 grams of protein daily before l increased it.  I am getting my labs redone by my fam phys in two weeks.  I will mention the zinc and vit.  A to him.  Thanks

(deactivated member)
on 3/2/15 10:03 pm

I would suggest you to use vita4life’s hair skin and nail vitamin supplement. It consists of 2000mcg biotin which can be helpful in your hair restoration. I am very much satisfied with the result after using this product. I am sure you will too. So give it a try.

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 454 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 413 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 353 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 436 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 353 views