Medication

shellyfk
on 1/14/15 9:23 am - Wisconsin Dells , WI

How long before you stop taking meds high cholestrol, high blood presure,  can't wait to get off these pill. how long before stop crushing pills? i am only 2 weeks out on pureed food can eat about anthing i can not tell when i am full when will that start?

Mybratboys3
on 1/14/15 9:24 am

I never had to crush any pills, and your doc will monitor you and tell you when you're ready to stop taking your meds. I envy that you can eat anything. I can't eat a thing and I'm a month out today.

poet_kelly
on 1/14/15 10:17 am - OH

I never crushed any pills.

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

NYMom222
on 1/14/15 11:47 am
RNY on 07/23/14

I only had to crush one that was horse pill size, the rest I just took. About 1 month for that one. When you come off meds is variable. With the diabetes meds some come off right away. For high Blood Pressure it may be slower. i came off one highBP med right away, and am still on another, but need to go back to doctor.

Cynthia 5'11" RNY 7/23/2014

Goal reached 17 months. 220lb Weight Loss
Plastic Surgery Dr. Joseph Michaels - LBL and Hernia Repair 2/29/16, Arm Lift, BL, 5/2/16, Leg Lift 7/25/16

#lifeisanadventure #fightthegoodfight #noregrets

Save

Save

angel91e
on 1/14/15 12:10 pm
RNY on 01/15/14

My surgeon just told me to try taking my pills one at a time from smallest to biggest and as long as they didn't feel "stuck" it was just fine not to crush them. So I never really crushed anything. However the one time a pill didn't feel like it was going down as smoothly as it should a little warm tea helped tremendously

As far as feeling full it was four or five weeks before I could tell so it's really important to measure your portions since overeating is a recipe or being sick and miserable for several hours.

Angel

kokosuggs
on 1/14/15 2:21 pm

I haven't had my surgery yet but they have told me to use chewables or crush pills for 1-3 months, depending on how well you can tolerate..

RNY 1/19/15   SW 238  CW 169 GW ??

(deactivated member)
on 1/14/15 11:44 pm

You need to check with your PCP doctor. Some pills you can not crush. Measure your food. Your pouch is healing and it's nerves were cut. So make sure you measure it.

I will tell you not to be a Debbie Downer I am over a year out and still am on BP meds. It runs in my family. My grandfather is 100 and he is on BP meds and he is only about 110 pounds. 

You may be different.

chulbert
on 1/14/15 11:53 pm - Rochester, NY
RNY on 01/21/13

I'm two years out, I've lost 90+% of my excess weight, had plastic surgery, and I exercise regularly.  I'm only 36 and I'm still on blood pressure medication.  RNY doesn't always fix everything.

Judy A.
on 1/16/15 6:28 am
RNY on 01/08/15

While in the hospital they broke my pills into 2 or 4 pieces.  Upon discharge they said as long as The diameter of the pill isn't larger than the end pencil.  I have been taking them whole and having no problems.

Most Active
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 41 replies · 552 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 38 replies · 536 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 28 replies · 423 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 26 replies · 334 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 2 replies · 133 views
Recent Topics