What's on your menu Wednesday, RNYers?

Berryhoosier
on 1/13/15 10:16 pm
RNY on 12/17/14

I love the mug idea!  My therapist often has me list things I can do instead of eat, but in the moment....  A mug is a great idea!

B: light and fit greek strawberry and pb2 (tried your idea Em, pretty tasty and filling)

S1: reduced fat cheddar cheese stick

L: turkey sloppy joe, 1/4 baked sweet potato, 1/4 cup pineapple

S2: 1/4 c fiber one and crispy chickpeas

D: crockpot chicken, sauteed veggies, 1/4 c. hominy

S3: carnation breakfast essentials with milk

cal: 822, Protein: 79

AnnyBananny
on 1/13/15 11:22 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Yes! I would just pick a slip of paper with an idea at random and unless it was the one that said "Call Gram" and it was 11pm, I would force myself to do it!

RNY @ Temple University Hospital, Philadelphia with Dr. Tatyan Clark 3/18/2014

karenp8
on 1/13/15 10:34 pm - Brighton, IL

The cup with strips of paper is a great idea. I always try to have things to do when I feel like going off track. One of my favorites is to get a cup of yummy decaf coffee. Can't eat and drink at the same time you know! And I use a small bit of flavored liquid creamer in my coffee. I count the calories and enjoy! I always sometimes read,knit,do word searches or exercise when I feel like eating. It is a daily struggle for me too so you are not alone there! Post op 28.5 months and weight at 120.4. Exercise is SO much easier in the nice weather! I actually went and walked a mile at the park with Lily yesterday afternoon even though it was freezing because the treadmill was so boring. I will get 4 miles done somewhere today and will do level 3 of 30 Day Shred in a minute here. On track with vitamins and fluids so far. Here's the food plan: B 1/2 c steel cut oats with nuts and half a banana with peanut butter L taco meat and lettuce and tomato S apple with peanut butter if hungry D 31/2 oz ground turkey with 1/2 c sweet potatoes S Greek yogurt with granola. Have a great Wednesday everyone!

Grim_Traveller
on 1/13/15 11:19 pm
RNY on 08/21/12

Nice new avatar Anny!

6'3" tall, male.

Highest weight was 475. RNY on 08/21/12. Current weight: 198.

M1 -24; M2 -21; M3 -19; M4 -21; M5 -13; M6 -21; M7 -10; M8 -16; M9 -10; M10 -8; M11 -6; M12 -5.

AnnyBananny
on 1/13/15 11:23 pm - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Thanks, Grim! I'm in love with that dress and Em added the glowing filter LOL.

Dodgergirl27
on 1/14/15 12:24 am, edited 1/14/15 12:24 am
RNY on 01/22/14

Good Morning Everyone!

Anny, I love the new picture!  You look awesome.  

I am super sore today from my training session yesterday...but it secretly makes me happy even though standing up and sitting down is somewhat painful today.  It's nice to know I worked some new muscles.  It's weird that I like being a little sore from a workout now, I've convince myself it means things are tightening up under all of this loose skin, lol :)

Time since surgery: 11.75 months

B - 2 string cheeses

L - Work lunch

S - 100 cal pack almonds

D - I had an awesome Kale salad last night and I think I'll make it again tonight (Kale, red bell pepper, cucumber, cherry tomato, turkey carnitas, trader joes spicy peanut sauce)

W/V - On track

E - I think tonight might be a yoga night.  I don't always love the calorie burn, but I think sometimes it's good for mental health and stretching out the limbs, so I'm going to go for it :)

Have a great day everyone!

Dcgirl
on 1/14/15 2:12 am - DC
RNY on 12/16/13

Hi everyone!

I am late to the post today...I am in our Virginia office and it's been a good mixture of meetings and then bs-ing with colleagues (which is a nice change since I usually work from home, alone).

I had a crappy day yesterday too, that involved a bag of chocolate bark from Trader Joe's.  I had to dump it out into the trash to ensure I don't eat it again.  What was it about yesterday?  I am sorry to hear some of you had similar poor choices.  I never want to rationalize having a bad day, but at least I have found that my WORST day now is still around 2,000 calories whereas I swear a meal could have clocked in at 2,000 calories before RNY.  A glimmer of hope, I suppose.

On a positive note, I did walk a mile to Trader Joe's and back (where I bought that terrible chocolate bark) so again, a positive lol.

Time since surgery: 13 months on Friday.  This month's loss is dismal.  May end up being 3 lbs.  Including a two week vacation in Tunisia but I blame my higher carbs since the holiday

B: Chike, coffee with vanilla creamer

S: strawberry Light and Fit with pb2

L: Free lunch at the office.  I had chicken tikka masala and a roll.  Sigh.

S2: ?

D: I have a work dinner, but it's with someone who is trying to eat healthy so I am sure I can find something WLS friendly, wherever we go

E: I did a 40 minute core class and then I ran on the treadmill for 20 minutes

Totals for the day will be around 1,400 calories, 80 g protein, 100 g carbs (these numbers should be reversed, clearly).

Anny I love the new pic too!  Have fun with Heather and I can't wait to get together for a weekend of shopping and exercising!!!  Em

mschwab
on 1/14/15 3:43 am
RNY on 11/21/14

Good morning all.  It is a beautiful, sunny day here in Portland.  A little bit windy and chilly, but nothing compared to other parts of the nation.  On days like this I am reminded why I love Portland so much. 

I have had a similar experience where I ignored my gut feeling, and took a job that was all wrong.  I lasted 3 months and then quit to take another job.  They weren't happy, but I knew that I would be miserable and needed to make a quick change.  I tell myself that they did not pass their 90 day probation period.  Life is too short to work at a job you hate.

Had a great workout at Pilates yesterday.  I am a total addict, I love it so much.  I feel so much stronger and flexible since I started classes last April.  I really recommend it if you are looking for something to compliment your cardio workouts.

Time since surgery:  8 weeks (Friday)

B:  Trader Joe's Italian Chicken Sausage Link

S:  Light and Fit Greek Yogurt - Strawberry

L:  Trader Joe's Chickenless Strips

S:  Deli ham and a Babybel

D:  BBQ Chicken Salad

S:  Leaving that open.  Maybe some cottage cheese, but I need to go to the store

TOTALS (without snack):  Calories 595, Protein 68, Carbs 34, Fat 24, Sugar 12

V/W: Started, but forgot to take my calcium this morning and didn't bring my afternoon dose.  Sigh....

E:  Today is cardio day, so will make a visit to the gym downstairs.

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

AnnyBananny
on 1/14/15 10:31 am - PA
RNY on 03/18/14

Oh, thanks for the thoughts on Pilates - I've been thinking about trying it again as I've been feeling really tight and inflexible lately. I tried a class a few weeks ago and just didn't connect with the teacher's style, but I think I'd like to try another time.  

How is the gym in your building? You mentioned it's new!

CHELLEYGIRL
on 1/14/15 6:07 am - PALMDALE, CA

before breakfast was coffee and creamer.

B: 1 1/2 scrambled eggs w/ cheese
S: Nectar protein shake with almond milk
L: tuna pack and broccoli
D: pork chop thin cut and salad 

Trying to get back on track with my eating habits. :)

HW-258 SW- 247 CW-147 Surgery date-8/11/2011

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 486 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 487 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 328 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 358 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?
Melody P. · 5 replies · 74 views