Centrum silver

carimiller9173
on 3/2/15 1:26 am - Wilmington, DE

Good afternoon OH.  I have been reading up on vitamins and it seems to be the consensus that Centrum Silver (either brand or generic) is a good option.  My only question to clarify is 2 per day at different times, plus calcium citrate, plus iron...... If I've got all the info correct, Yes??

Thanks in advance!!
Cari

Pre-op weight 342.5; Surgery 320.7

M 1-10.5

hl1524
on 3/2/15 1:31 am - Austin, TX

Those seem right from what I've read.  Also don't forget the b12.

RNY 8/27/2014

H.A.L.A B.
on 3/2/15 2:02 am

And magnesium, and D3.

Some people also take additional B complex. 

And a few others based on individual labs over the years. 

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

poet_kelly
on 3/2/15 2:31 am - OH

Yes.  Two of the Centrums a day (and generic is fine, the storebrand is usually on the shelf right by the name brand so just compare the two labels).

Plus 1500 mg calcium citrate (in three doses of 500 mg, at least two hours apart).

Plus iron.

Plus B12 (in a sublingual, nasal spray or shot).

View more of my photos at ObesityHelp.com          Kelly

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

carimiller9173
on 3/2/15 4:45 am - Wilmington, DE

Thanks for the replies ladies.  Much appreciated!!!!!   :)

Pre-op weight 342.5; Surgery 320.7

M 1-10.5

Doingrightin2015
on 3/2/15 7:59 am
RNY on 03/10/15

My list said Product to avoid: Centrum, One-A-Day, Flintstones, Generic store brands, Gummy type vitamins.

Doingitright2015

HW in life 282 HW265 at start SW 244 CW170

poet_kelly
on 3/2/15 9:42 am - OH

I understand why you'd avoid Flinstones and gummies - they are missing important nutrients.

But why avoid Centrum? Why generic store brands, if they meet the ASMBS nutritional guidelines?

Please note: I AM NOT A DOCTOR.  If you want medical advice, talk to your doctor.  Whatever I post, there is probably some surgeon or other health care provider somewhere that disagrees with me.  If you want to know what your surgeon thinks, then ask him or her.    Check out my blog.

Dartmouth
on 3/2/15 8:50 am - United Kingdom
RNY on 05/20/14

Hi...I was taking centrum silver but noticed that the iron content was very low so I switched to centrum for young people!  I think my iron levels are better!

joan

mschwab
on 3/2/15 12:20 pm
RNY on 11/21/14

My surgeon said regular Centrum is good, but not to take the specialty ones (silver, women, etc.) because they lack some nutrients.

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

poet_kelly
on 3/2/15 2:01 pm - OH

The Silver lacks iron, but most of us will need more iron than we'd get in a multi anyway.  If we take the amount of iron we need separate from a multi, then I think it should be fine to use the Silver.

Most Active
Recent Topics