NSV-what are you grateful for

carimiller9173
on 4/14/15 12:17 am - Wilmington, DE

Good morning ladies and gents!  I know that everyone on this board is thankful for their tool.  Be it the beginning stages and the prospect of surgery and having the tool, or 10 years post-op and thankful that their tool aided them in weight loss.  Besides the tool and the weight loss, what else are you grateful for.... ?  What are the NSV that you couldn't do X-months ago that you can do now?  I think this is helpful to those just starting out or who get stuck in a stall to remember and maybe make a list of the great things they've accomplished or to look forward to.

For me personally... I'm grateful to my friends here and on MFP for understanding the struggles.  I'm grateful for going down a size in clothes already (And for thrift stores for shopping for staples while losing weight).... I'm grateful for the honest feedback here.  My NSV: I can walk up my basement steps without being out of breath anymore.  I use to huff and puff walking up the steps.  Now I do much better.  I can wear jewelry from years ago that was to tight for me.  YEAH!!!

How about you?  What's your NSV?

Pre-op weight 342.5; Surgery 320.7

M 1-10.5

iloveravens
on 4/14/15 1:01 am
RNY on 08/13/14

Great post!  Congrats to you, you're doing great.

My bf gave me a ring on Valentine's Day that was too big.  We went back to have it re-sized and now it's a 6.25.  I've *never* had a ring that small on my ring finger.  I feel like a normal sized person today.  So different than 8 months ago when I didn't want to leave my house.  My sister-in-law was spring cleaning and found a skirt from "The Loft" with tags on it and asked if I wanted it.  It was a size 8 and it fits perfectly. I love being outside, I love the warm weather, something I hated last summer.

Lanie; Age: 43; Surgery Date (VSG): 8/12/14 w/complications resulting in RNY next day;

Height: 5' 6" SW: 249 Comfort Zone: 135-140 CW: 138 (10/13/17)

M1: -25 lbs M2: -12 M3: -13 M4: -7 M5: -11 M6: -10 M7: -7 M8: -7 M9: -3 M10: -8 M11: -4 M12: -4

5K PR - 24:15 (4/23/16) First 10K - 53:30 (10/18/15)

jenorama
on 4/14/15 2:23 am - CA
RNY on 10/07/13

So many things are so much better 18 months on! Iloveravens reminded me about my own ring size. I went from an 11 to a 6! The ring I had to have cut off pre surgery is almost too big. Being able to roll up to Lucky Brand jeans and roll out with 2 pair (and have the sales lady think I'm a size smaller!). Being able to put on and tie my shoes while standing up. No longer fearing airplane or theater seats. Not struggling to fit in a restaurant booth. Praying for warmer weather because im sick and tired of freezing my ass off. Looking at a cake in a restaurant display case and going, "Nah."

So many things. 

Jen

Jill724
on 4/14/15 2:37 am
RNY on 07/24/14

I am grateful for so very much.  I am grateful for feeling better, having more energy. I am grateful that I can cross my legs and sit like a lady. I am grateful that I bought a shirt that wasn't in the 'plus size' section. I am grateful that I have realized that I can be happy... truly happy, instead of relying on others for my happiness!!

I am most grateful that my little boy can wrap his arms all the way around my body!!

Berryhoosier
on 4/14/15 3:08 am
RNY on 12/17/14

I'm thankful for how I feel.  Strong, sexy, energized.  I'm going to India in November, and I'm thankful that the 20 hour flight won't be as uncomfortable for me or the unsuspecting passengers sitting next to me. I'm thankful God gave me this opportunity.

Kathyjs
on 4/14/15 3:14 am

Even 12 years post my mind is size 22-24. I knew I could never wear blue jeans. I mean actual non stretchy ones . I hear people say ' you are such a little thing ' and I look around. Well a friend gave me blue jeans about 6 months ago. I was upset and said we might as well bring them back . She insisted I at least try on. They fit. Size 8, they FIT. My biggest wow moment 

kikilay
on 4/14/15 3:21 am

I have to say I am loving this post!!! It really makes me feel even more that I am making the right decision for my life. 

dstankalis
on 4/14/15 3:27 am - Brooklyn, NY
RNY on 08/12/13

Hey Cari:
   My major NSV (so far, in my 18 months since WLS) was getting outside. When I was 440 lbs. I would stay inside my apartment and sleep all day and night. Since the surgery, I've been walking (nearly) every day, and working out (nearly) every day. I switch between yoga, nd my PlayStation 3 (Right now I'm hooked on Get Fit With Mel B. and Just Dance 3). Another major one is going from size 6XL shirts and size 64 Pants (and dragging myself to the Big and Tall Store), to where I could buy Size 36 pants, and Size L Shirts. OFF THE RACK, BABY!!!

Thank You,

Don

HW: 444, SW:370, CW: 210.2 57YO M Surgery 8/12/13

robinreinhardt
on 4/14/15 3:28 am

Thanks for the post. I am 4 months out from RNY. It's definitely hard giving up food. I am grateful for my husband. He is very supportive and I am blessed for that. I'm praying that I can get the last 60 pounds off. You are right about exercising. It's way easier now. Have a great day.

Robin

Semaenlightened
on 4/14/15 3:28 am
RNY on 03/25/15

My biggest NSV at almost three weeks out is amazing to me.  I went into the hospital on 5 shots of insulin a day, 2 long acting and 3 fast acting with every meal with a no matter what 6 units to start....sometimes with a meal my sugars would be so high I would have to give myself 15 units before I ate...even my fasting blood sugars were above 180 sometimes.  I came home on NO long acting and only needing to give myself fast acting if I was above 150 and only 1 unit per 50...and I have only had to give myself 1 unit twice!!!! That is all worth it!

Most Active
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 44 replies · 454 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 43 replies · 413 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 353 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 36 replies · 436 views
Recent Topics
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 40 replies · 353 views