Do places let you bring your own food/drinks??

radze09
on 5/26/15 8:51 am
RNY on 06/08/15

We are looking at going to Kings Island later in the summer. Does anyone know if places like this where no outside food or drink is allowed will allow bypass people to bring things in???? At the point of us going I might be on "regular" food, but they don't really have anything good for me. I don't want to have to run out to the car every little bit to get my stuff in the car(protein drink, snacks, etc...). 

Eggface
on 5/26/15 2:02 am, edited 5/26/15 2:02 am - Sunny Southern, CA

From their website: 

Am I permitted to bring my own food and beverages into the park? No outside food, beverages or coolers are allowed to be brought into Kings Island or the Soak City Waterpark.  Exceptions are made for Guests with special dietary needs to include food allergies and baby food and formula.  Guests with special dietary needs should stop at Guest Services located at the Front Gate when they arrive at the Park.     https://www.visitkingsisland.com/plan-a-visit/frequently-ask ed-questions   Sounds like fun! 

Weight Loss Surgery Friendly Recipes & Rambling
www.theworldaccordingtoeggface.com

Eggface
on 5/26/15 9:06 am - Sunny Southern, CA

I'll add... blender bottle shaker with a baggie of protein or travel packet is a meal but... probably requires no stop at Guest Services ;) 

radze09
on 5/26/15 9:08 am
RNY on 06/08/15

Thank you, hopefully they will let me! I don't not want my family to have to suffer because of me.

Eggface
on 5/26/15 9:25 am - Sunny Southern, CA

If you are on regular food...

I see some options: Looks like there is a Starbucks most of the protein box (hardboiled egg, cheese, etc.) and a Subway any sandwich can be turned into a salad pick off the stuff you can eat (turkey, cheese, etc.), add a protein shake and call it a day ;) 

CerealKiller Kat71
on 5/26/15 9:45 am
RNY on 12/31/13

Maybe I am a jerk -- but I bring my own food in and feel no guilt.  I just make sure it's small things -- so I bring an empty water bottle (to fill all day) -- some MIO or Crystal light packets, a quest bar, a string cheese, stuff like that -- and just shove those things into my water bottle and put it in my purse.  I've never been stopped or questioned at King's Island or Cedar Point.  The rest of my family eats the crap in the parks.  I guess I should feel guilty for breaking the rules, but I don't.  The parks didn't feel guilty when i paid full price and couldn't ride anything when I was obese.  That's how I justify it... 

"What you eat in private, you wear in public." --- Kat

christinerocks
on 5/26/15 10:00 am - AZ
RNY on 04/06/15

You're not a jerk! You're doing what you need to do.  

And yes, I have also paid so many full price entry fees at these parks without having ridden a single thing.  I am dragging my husband to the state fair this year, despite the fact that the kids are "too old" for it now.  He couldn't imagine why.  But it's because I stood there for years watching the rest of the family on those rides... And this year will be under the weight limit so heck YES I am going! :-)  and seriously if he doesn't want to go, that's fine, but I will go by myself! LOL 

________

137 pounds lost - from a 24/26W to a size 8/10!

(deactivated member)
on 5/26/15 6:13 pm
RNY on 05/04/15
On May 26, 2015 at 9:45 AM Pacific Time, Kat W. wrote:

Maybe I am a jerk -- but I bring my own food in and feel no guilt.  I just make sure it's small things -- so I bring an empty water bottle (to fill all day) -- some MIO or Crystal light packets, a quest bar, a string cheese, stuff like that -- and just shove those things into my water bottle and put it in my purse.  I've never been stopped or questioned at King's Island or Cedar Point.  The rest of my family eats the crap in the parks.  I guess I should feel guilty for breaking the rules, but I don't.  The parks didn't feel guilty when i paid full price and couldn't ride anything when I was obese.  That's how I justify it... 

This post just made me seriously miss Cedar Point! I grew up about 30 mins away, and my family had season passes through most of my childhood. Maybe once my husband can fit on rides, he'll check out a park on the West Coast with me, but I'm sure it won't be the same.  ;-)

radze09
on 5/26/15 9:48 am
RNY on 06/08/15

Thank you eggface, you are awesome. The issue I run into is the docs office is supposed to call this week with my surgery date. So not having a date, I am not sure where I will be in the eating game. This has been an ongoing issue for a while cause my family wants to plan things for the summer but we are left waiting in limbo. In that same thought though, I would take being approved and waiting then not being approved!! ☺

radze09
on 5/26/15 9:52 am
RNY on 06/08/15

Last summer when we went, they made us dump out the water in the water bottles, and checked the backpack and took the snack bars. The option was to go back to the car and put them in there or toss them. So I do not know if it is a day by day choice of who ever is working or what.

Most Active
Recent Topics