What's On Your Tuesday Menu, RNYers?

Deanna798
on 9/15/15 6:27 am
RNY on 08/04/15

We've actually warmed up a bit,  it was nearly 60 here in the Ann Arbor area this morning .  It's supposed to get cooler again at the end of the week.  I LOVE sweater weather.  

Since my husband is in Europe for two weeks for work, my life is kinda turned upside down right now.  I thank God every day I have a wonderful, helpful, sweet, 16 year old son who doesn’t hesitate to help me.  I’ve been cooking dinners, and lunches have been pretty good, but I dropped the ball on breakfast this morning.  Don’t get me wrong, I know I can do the whole single mom thing, but damn there is a reason I got married.  My husband is my rock and keeps me grounded.  We are so polar opposite, and having him makes my life so much better.  You all can probably tell I’m already missing him and he just left on Saturday.  Back to my breakfast… on the way to work I stopped for my usual coffee at Tim Horton’s and ended up ordering their gigantic steak and egg breakfast wrap.  Obviously, I didn’t eat it all, I cut a third of it for me and gave the rest to my co-worker with a bottomless pit for a stomach. 

Today is also “Employee appreciation day” and we’re getting subs, chips and pop for lunch.  So, that means I get to eat the innards of a sub for lunch.  I’m vowing right now in front of you all, NO CHIPS and NO SUB BUN! And I mean it.  I definitely won’t drink soda pop, so we’re safe there.

Plan:

B: Steak and cheddar grilled wrap (just the innards, no tortilla)and small decaf one cream

S: Turkey sausage bites and a babybel

L: deli meat and cheese, and maybe a pickle.

D: Homemade bean with ham soup I made this weekend.  It’s delicious.

S: tuna and 34 degree crackers.

Vitamins started, water going down and my exercise will be playing tag with the 22 months old this evening.  I’ve been trying to distract him before bed so he’s not missing his dad as much.

Cal: 698 (if I eat it all) Protein 70 carb 37 fat 31

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

melissasue1982
on 9/15/15 6:42 am
RNY on 04/06/15

Awwww you love your husband so much, that is awesome!!

My husband works long hours, and has about an hour commute each way.  So he helps with bedtime with the boys, and I do pretty much the rest.  lol

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

Deanna798
on 9/15/15 6:49 am
RNY on 08/04/15

My husband works out of the house,  so he does a lot of the upkeep.  But he also travels a bit for work.  Usually is only a night or two, every other week.  But his employer is based out of Copenhagen,  and this is his second trip to Denmark this year. 

When he's at home be does the dishes, the laundry and keeps the house picked up while I'm a work.  He's been gone since Saturday and I wouldn't have company over with my house looking like it does now.  😵

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

melissasue1982
on 9/15/15 8:36 am
RNY on 04/06/15

My husband does dishes, and the outside work.  My mom cleans houses for a living, so she comes and cleans every other week, so THAT has taken a load off of us, for sure!

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

Capogirl
on 9/15/15 6:53 am

Good morning,

It's been chilly the past couple of mornings, that's for sure.  My feet are freezing in my cute new shoes.

Very tired today, snoozed the alarm twice, could not wake up.  That's what I get for going to a school meeting and then trying to watch the Walt Disney Documentary.  I fell asleep watching sometime after 10 and woke up stiff at 11 and finally ambled up the stairs to bed.  Should have DVR'd it, I will for tonight's episode.

Time since surgery 4+ months

B:  Premier Protein Strawberry Shake

L:  Salad w/ turkey & cheese

S:  L&F Key Lime yogurt, babybel & Mary's gone crackers

D:  ?  Didn't take anything out, will probably end up having leftover beef stew, that's if there is any actual beef left in it.

I ended up making meatloaf with the ground turkey last night and I just couldn't eat it.  I think I'm really sick of ground turkey.

D:  ? 

karenp8
on 9/15/15 7:09 am - Brighton, IL

Brisk this morning in Illinois too and Lily loved it so much we did 3.6 miles instead of our usual three! She was running and having so much fun she didn't want to stop! Supposed to get to mid eightys by this afternoon though. On track with vitamins and fluids so far and weight at 120 today. Post op 3 years and two weeks. Here's the food: B 1/2 c steel cut oats with protein powder and half a banana with peanut butter L 1/2 c venison chili 1/2 c beet salad D turkey sausage 1/2 c green beans S Greek yogurt with nuts. Have a great day full of good choices everyone!

lcraver
on 9/15/15 7:10 am - Knightdale, NC
RNY on 03/02/15

So, someone explain to me how it was 45 in upper NY and 60 in DC and then 53 in NC this morning when I got into my SUV... hmmmm?? DC must be warmer for all the hot politics going on... lol! But, AV, I agree with you, 53 this morning was a little chilly and I had to turn my air conditioner off.  And, now I am bundled up in my crappy looking oversized cardigan at work because it is kinda cold in here.  Oh well, it is honestly better than being too hot!

And you guys talking about your wonderful hubbies, just stop!!!  Yes, you picked good... blah, blah, blah!  Some of us chose poorly!  LOL  

My menu today:

B: my normal - Tea with Truvia and a chocolate Premier Protein shake

L: 3 oz of pulled pork and 3 oz of coleslaw (this is heaven mixed together, just moist enough for my finicky pouch... but the amount might be too much)

D: 1 cup of homemade Veggie Beef Soup... lots of broth.  Does anyone else have any issues with soup... I can eat WAY too much?!

S: P3 Chicken, cheese and peanut pack (before I go to the gym...I am working late, then going to gym so dinner won't be until after 8)

Totals:  Calories - 897, Protein - 81, Carbs - 41, Sugars - 8 (what??)

Water and Vits going in. Exercise: gym (treadmill, recumbent bike, weight machines)

Highest weight - 440 lbs, Surgery weight - 395 lbs, Current weight - 291 lbs.

LadyBaltimore
on 9/15/15 12:48 am, edited 9/15/15 12:48 am
RNY on 07/27/15

Wound up over my cal limit yesterday due to a crappy, crappy day and poor decision making.  Today is a new one though, and I will stick to my plan come hell or high water.  

B: Protein shake

S: Coffee

L: Protein shake and tomato soup

S: Avocado/bites of chicken breast

D: Protein shake and celery soup

W/V: Started

E: 1 hour swimming (Didn't get it in yesterday due to a conflux of crappy situations.) 

Cals: 730 (est.)   Prot: 73.5 g   H2O: 48 oz or more

Forget tomorrow-  Today is another day! 

Painting Tara scarlet,

-LB

I've Come Too Far To Take Orders From A Piece of Bread.

"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot

Surgery 7/27/15

44 lbs lost

Felicity Q.
on 9/15/15 9:26 am
DS on 09/28/15

I need to adopt your outlook. I am still beating myself up for my big eating mistake yesterday.

Lap-Band 2011 | DS Revision 9/28/15 | HW: 380 in 2011 | GW: 140

Blog: http://felicitywls.blogspot.com/ | Twitter: @FelicityQ13

LadyBaltimore
on 9/15/15 10:13 am
RNY on 07/27/15

*hugs* I've done my fair share of beating myself up, and trying to go over to a more positive outlook is difficult-  But it's helpful.  *nods*  Example?  When I go swimming tonight, I'm going to take my aggression out on the water.

Naughty H2O,

-LB

I've Come Too Far To Take Orders From A Piece of Bread.

"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot

Surgery 7/27/15

44 lbs lost