Made it to the loser bench!

pennymanley
on 10/25/15 8:09 am

Well I made it. Got home yesterday around noon. Pain is manageable (not as bad as I thought it would be) gas pain strange but I can handle....eating on the other hand is proving to be quite difficult. I will be on a pureed meat diet for next 2 weeks and had some pureed chicken yesterday and thought I was going to vomit....the smell, consistency...all of it made me sick. Daughter told me she used canned chicken and put in unflavored protien to boost the protein so not sure if that was the problem but seriously if this is how it will be with chicken i will not be able to eat it. I did have good luck with cottage cheese which i was very happy about. Going to try some eggs in a bit (no additional protein) and see how that works.

My mom is here with me and keeps asking if this is normal...I laugh and reply well if I posted this on my board I would have alot of responses about how i am just out of surgery and things change after surgery and to just take some time to get used to the "other side'. I am really thankful for all of you because I really feel so equipped and educated already that I have no fear of anything that is happening and that comes from reading all of your wonderful posts and responses.

Thanks to all of you! and YEAH I made it!!!

BadgerUSA
on 10/25/15 9:19 am - United Arab Emirates

Congratulations on your surgery! I'm still a newbie myself and was on liquids only for the first 10 days so I can't speak to how that would have been so soon post-op. Now that I am in my pureed stage I have mostly been doing pureed tuna with light mayonnaise, refried beans, and scrambled eggs. I am still doing a protein shake a day to keep my protein up.

Your body has just been through a lot and is still recovering so it may take a while for things to return to normal. A lot of people say their tastes change as well. I'm sure you'll get lots of helpful advice here.

Best wishes and hang in there!

Doingrightin2015
on 10/25/15 9:21 am
RNY on 03/10/15

Welcome to the losers bench. I was on clear liquids for the first week then went to pureed. I actual found that the pureed baby food meats were not bad if I added some salt and pepper to them.

Egg salad was also good. Greek Yogurt is good. Cottage cheese. Premier protein shakes are good and you can get 30 grams of protein in one shake. I found this very helpful in the beginning.

Doingitright2015

HW in life 282 HW265 at start SW 244 CW170

Karen R.
on 10/25/15 2:17 pm - Amelia, OH
Revision on 09/10/15

Congrats and best wishes on a pain free recovery!

Karen

Ht: 5'3"/Pre-Band Weight:256/Revision to RNY 9/10/15-Weight: 219--GW: 115--CW 105

Sharon SW-267
GW-165 CW-167 S.

on 10/25/15 6:33 pm - PA
RNY on 12/22/14

There was no way I was going to be able to swallow pureed meets - ever, even before surgery. It is not an adult food, and you will never need to eat it long term. Do what you need to to get through this phase with things you can eat. I was lucky because my doctor did not have use eat pureed food, so I avoided this problem. Yours has a different plan - you just need to get through these two weeks, you will not need to deal with it long term.

Hand in there

Sharon

Emiepie
on 10/26/15 6:55 am
RNY on 08/11/14

Glad all went well. Remember now it's important to walk, walk, walk and sip, sip, sip and of course rest.

RNY 8/11/14 with Dr. Kelvin Higa PS Lipectomy 4/12/17 with Dr. John Burnett HW291.4/CW165/GW150

pennymanley
on 10/26/15 8:06 am

Spoke with my NUT this morning....she ok'd me doing shakes instead of pureed if i need to. Was able to stomach the cottage cheese again this morning and am going to try tuna for lunch.

Kathy S.
on 10/26/15 12:39 pm - InTheBurbs, XX
RNY on 08/29/04 with

Congratulations on your surgery. We look forward to your updates and know we are here to help you all the way

Regards,

Kathy

Member Services

HW:330 - GW:150 - MW:118-125

RW:190 - CW:130

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 332 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 370 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 330 views