managing family & friends

LadyBaltimore
on 10/26/15 9:58 am, edited 10/26/15 2:57 am
RNY on 07/27/15

Thank you! Live long and prosper, indeed!

Trekkies,

-LB

I've Come Too Far To Take Orders From A Piece of Bread.

"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot

Surgery 7/27/15

44 lbs lost

zsnaani
on 10/28/15 9:54 am
RNY on 07/24/15

Oh LB thanks so very much for the support and even caring to respond! I wish you well on your decision to place yourself first. I have done the same and have decided to cut off all communication with my daughter. I just can not allow her insanity to disturb my energy. Yes it hurts but I will be fine. We know that stress contributes to obesity and I refuse to live a counterproductive life after all I did to prepare for and put my live in jeopardy to have this procedure. {BIG HUGS} & much success to you to sweetie, take care! :-)

LadyBaltimore
on 10/28/15 10:06 am
RNY on 07/27/15

Thank you, zsnaani!

I've Come Too Far To Take Orders From A Piece of Bread.

"It is never too late to be what you might have been." - George Eliot

Surgery 7/27/15

44 lbs lost

Pokemom
on 10/26/15 8:11 am
RNY on 12/29/14

I hope you are able to take care of yourself. I do understand loved ones with dysfunctional and emotional rages, and I do understand how it feels to,have tht rage directed at me. I know how hard it can be, especially from one of our children, because we want to separate from their rage, but we have that mother love and connection that keeps us wanting to stay connected. Some people will rage at us more, the more thy think they are going to lose us. Or, something makes them feel stress, so they rage at us because we are the closest thing to them. Sometimes people will threaten self-harm or accuse us of not loving them to keep us newr them. (Dysfunctional, yes!) If the rages are a long, life time pattern in your daughter, then can you see a psychologist about this? It is possible she is dealing with a mental illness or personality disorder, and she and you would benefit from professional help.

zsnaani
on 10/28/15 10:02 am
RNY on 07/24/15

Oh Pokemom thanks so very much for the support and even caring to respond! I have decided to cut off all communication with my daughter. I just can not allow her insanity to disturb my energy. Yes it hurts but I will be fine. BTW I have been a therapist for over 20 years. My daughter wants no help, we were in counseling years ago TWICE and she did not want to continue. Trust me as a mental health professional and her mother I have tried every way possible to help her!!! I have gained and lost countless pounds over this emotional rollercoaster she is on. It's my turn now. We know that stress contributes to obesity and I refuse to live a counterproductive life after all I did to prepare for and put my live in jeopardy to have this procedure. {BIG HUGS} & much success to you sweetie, take care! :-)

Most Active
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 34 replies · 341 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 373 views
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 24 replies · 338 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 263 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 22 replies · 136 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?