Tips on how to make a protein shake please

chassibi
on 3/7/16 8:44 am

You let it **** for a bit. I can't help it, I'm so immature.

Consult Weight:276/Surgery Day Weight: 241.6 /Goal Weight: 150

Deanna798
on 3/7/16 8:53 am
RNY on 08/04/15

I noticed it too,  but I'm so horrible with typos on my phone that there is no way I could even mention it,  lol. 

Age: 44 | Height: 5' 3" | Starting January 2015: 291 | RNY 8/4/15 with Dr. Arthur Carlin| Goal: 150

Listen to advice and accept discipline, and at the end you will be counted among the wise. ~Proverbs 19:20

melissasue1982
on 3/7/16 9:36 am
RNY on 04/06/15

HAHAHA That was even done with a computer, not a phone. 

HW: 328 Program start weight: 309 SW:275.8 CW: 154.6 (12/14/16)

selhard
on 3/7/16 9:41 am - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

I remember listening to my DD's, when they were young, say the word "underwear" and then giggle. Don't lose the immature in you.

mschwab
on 3/7/16 1:04 pm
RNY on 11/21/14

I have the sense of humor of an 8 year old boy.  When I hear someone say they are " doing their duty" I still snarf in my head. 

Height: 5'7".  HW: 299, Program starting weight: 290, SW: 238, CW 138 - 12 pounds under goal!  

killinmesmalls77
on 3/7/16 8:39 am - MN
RNY on 05/07/15

I love the Quest protein powder. My new fave is the Salted Caramel. I use a shaker bottle that came with a ball in it to help mix everything up. I also add at least 18 - 20 oz of water, otherwise I feel like it it way to thick and noticed that it tended to clump more.   I don't drink these very often anymore, but happened to have one yesterday morning because I was on the go and needed to get in some protein because I didn't have time to sit down and eat for 30 minutes. 

I only had one little clump that stuck to the bottom of the bottle by the time I was done drinking. I just keep shaking as I drink and they are okay. Some Quest powders clump worse then others. I have some strawberry powder that seems thinner and it doesn't clump at all. 

Maybe try increasing the amount of water you mix it with. I also put the powder in first and then add the water, not the other way around. You could try putting some powder in first,  then add some water. Shake the bottle for a bit, add more powder and water, shake some more and repeat until you are at the end of the packet.

Good luck!  

HW: 276 SW: 254.1 GW: 125 CW: 154.5

Maria27
on 3/7/16 8:58 am - Chicago, IL
RNY on 03/17/15

Here is what I use:

http://www.amazon.com/Blender-Bottle-Shaker-Ball-Black/dp/B0 0FZOX2FG/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1457369485&sr=8-3&keywords=b lender+bottle+16+oz

They work great. I put 4 oz of unsweetened almond milk in the blender bottle, add 1/2 serving protein power and pb2, pour 4 more oz of almond milk on top of the power (which ends up being 2 times the recommended amount of liquid and only 30 calories), and then shake vigorously. I can't stand the clumps either, but this method works well for me. I have been using different protein powders though, so I cannot comment on whether it will work as well for the type that you have. Essentially, I found that it is important to put the power between layers of liquid so to speak in order to keep it from either sticking to the bottom or the lid.

Height: 5'5" HW: 290 Consultation Weight: 276 SW: 257 CW: 132

Sarafer
on 3/7/16 8:59 am
RNY on 01/14/16

I use Optimum Nutrition 100% Gold Standard whey protein. It's an amazing dissolver. Can buy at Costco or in smaller quantities on Amazon. I am on a dashingdish.com protein shake kick, but I halve the recipes. So for my favorite (candy cane): 1/4 c. low far cottage cheese, 4 oz water, half scoop protein (I measure it in grams to be precise), peppermint extract, sf Torani French vanilla syrup to taste, tsp. Stevia and about 5 ice cubes. Closer to a milkshake thickeness but can do fewer ice cubes to make it thinner. If I'm makeing a shake with milk, I use unsweetened vanilla almond milk- you miss out on the extra protein, but also the extra calories and carbs!

RNY: 1/14/16    Age: 34   Height: 5'4"  SW: 280

cheapskate
on 3/7/16 12:58 pm
RNY on 03/30/15

I have been making the peppermint patty one. Every day. I coukd just shake all. Day and nothing else.... 

selhard
on 3/7/16 10:07 am - MN
RNY on 11/26/12

I wonder if I've reached a saturation point with Nutribullet made protein smoothies?  The summer heat may have me making them again, we'll see.  From three years of making them as a morning ritual, here's what I think:  1) a 600-watt blender is high enough power to blend well without getting the foaminess blending with a more powerful blender can result in  2) blending as short a time as five-ten seconds also prevents foaminess  3) freezing fruits, vegetables, and berries can eliminate the need to add ice  3) Unjury protein powder has never clumped and is 100% whey protein isolate like I was instructed to look for  4)  milk satiates me better than water  5)  vets on here strongly encourage eliminating protein drinks after the first few months because of their calorie content, ingredient content, and lack of denseness quoting the advice, "never drink your calories"  6) I quit store bought protein drinks within the first year post-op for a healthier version that may still get a thumbs-down idea  7) my favorite ingredients include whole milk, Greek yogurt, Kefer, wheat germ, protein powder, frozen banana, frozen baby spinach, frozen blueberries, and NOW brand flaxseed oil

Most Active
Recent Topics