Would you ditch your clothes?

danie11e
on 4/4/16 6:15 am

I would hang on to a few sweaters or long sleeve shirts. I was SO cold all of the time for a few months post-op.

RNY 03/02/2015

I'm worth it!

Han Shot First
on 4/4/16 8:42 am - Flint, MI
RNY on 10/06/14

Unless you completely disregard your instructions, you're definitely going to be out of those sizes by the time you need those winter clothes again.  Maybe box them up and shove them in the garage or basement, and then when we get to October, when you're much smaller, you can ditch them.

--

150 lost and maintaining!

seasley
on 4/4/16 8:52 am
RNY on 12/17/15

I'm 3.5 months out and just barely cleaned out my closet last night. Getting rid of them makes you feel good about yourself knowing that you are following your plan and doing something right.

Follow your feelings and only get rid of them when you feel it is time. 

Good luck

H.A.L.A B.
on 4/4/16 10:28 am

I waited 6 months post op to get rid of some of my clothing.  Some of my favorite- or some that can be adapted..

Some - could be easily "taken in" and as I shrank - so did my clothes.. 

I still have some XL jackets.. They are big, but not to big to wear over my sweater or in case I need to be out in the yard...

My goal size was 12 and under...So when I got down to size 6.. I got rid of any clothes larger than 12..   After a year I got down to small - 4. But at my age - that was not really that good and ...manageable.. but I knew size 6-8 -10 was.. so I kept clothing in those sizes and got rid of the rest...

I maintain at size  6-10.. M- L..  I still have some 12's.. but not many - and only some that can still look OK.. not too baggy...

maintenance is difficult. things can happen - illness, inflammation, steroids...

every time i had some abdominal surgery - I was happy I had some of my "elastic" pants I can wear... and loo****i.e Chico travelers line)

A few of my skinny friends have 3 sizes in the closet.   the normal size - the "I went on vacation and o ****!!!" need to go on a diet, and "skinny clothes"   

it is normal a fluctuation of most of nomal over 35-40 women I know... It is my new normal...

Hala. RNY 5/14/2008; Happy At Goal =HAG

"I can eat or do anything I want to - as long as I am willing to deal with the consequences"

"Failure is not falling down, It is not getting up once you fell... So pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and start all over again...."

Ereiam
on 4/4/16 10:28 am
RNY on 05/16/16

Ooh, I like the idea of selling them on Ebay. I've been playing around with the idea of getting a nice bike so that I can exercise post-op. I'm going to be slow getting going with walking because of knee and hip pain that should resolve as I lose weight.

Most Active
What's on your Wednesday Menu?
Queen JB · 66 replies · 495 views
What's on your Tuesday Menu?
Queen JB · 61 replies · 493 views
What's on your Thursday Menu?
Queen JB · 37 replies · 334 views
What's on your Monday Menu?
Queen JB · 31 replies · 366 views
What?s on your Sunday menu?
Melody P. · 9 replies · 82 views
What?s on your Saturday menu?