What's on your Sunday menu RNYers?

karenp8
on 11/13/16 5:06 am - Brighton, IL

Another chilly day here in Illinois but Lily and I already have our three plus miles in and I will also be walking up to church and home today too as my truck is dead as a door nail and hubby has gone shooting and took the car. Some extra exercise is always a good thing though. Post op 4 years 21/2 months and weight at 117.2 today. Here's the food for today B 1/2 c steel cut oats with protein and peanut butter added L 1 c chili D 31/2 oz ground turkey with salsa 1/2 c green beans S mission one chocolate chip cookie protein bar. Have a great day everyone and make some amazing choices ! 

Kakesie
on 11/13/16 5:23 am
RNY on 02/19/16

Good Morning Karen and fellow menu friends!

Cold here this morning, too, Karen.  34 degrees right now, but it's supposed to get up to 65 today, so that's not bad.  We need a QOTD so how about "Where are you from and what is the weather like where you live?  Do you like where you are living and why or why not?"

QOTD:  I live in Kearney, Nebraska.  It is pretty much dead center of the USA.  Exactly 1,733 miles to either coast and pretty much in the center North and South as well.  I've lived here all my life.  It is home to me.  Our weather can get very hot in the Summer, very cold in the Winter and is beautiful in the Spring and Fall.  I live just outside of a smaller college town (30,000 people).  I live in the country but close enough that Walmart is only 1 mile away.  Our town has all the culture - art, concerts, plays, etc. you could want (because of being a college town) and plenty of shopping, but still has small town friendliness and charm.  I love living here!

My menu for today:

B:  crepe w/ peaches, cream cheese, cool whip

L:  lettuce, spinach, chicken, cheese, cranberries & nuts, low cal dressing

D:  chili cheese dog

S:  Light n Fit Greek yogurt

S:  2 light string cheese sticks

Exercise:  Walking the dogs around the subdivision

Have a FANTASTIC day everyone!

~  Karen  

Karen9849
on 11/13/16 5:56 am

Good morning everyone

QOTD

I am also a New England girl.  I love our spring and fall.  although I HATE the winters here I hope JB is right about us getting slammed this year.  my husband works for the Department of Piblic Works and the snow removal overtime sure comes in handy.  I refer to myself as a Snow Widow, because there are times I don't see him for days.  

Food

B   premier protein shake ( so sick of these things)

L   ? going to my great niece's  1st birthday

D   left over pot roast, meat only

RNY 9/14/16  - Start Weight 192, Goal Weight 125

CJ On Orcas
on 11/14/16 10:59 am
RNY on 09/09/16

Karen, try heating your protein shake up.  I got so sick of them but then started heating the chocolate one and adding sf Torani syrup and a bit of coffee.  Much better that way.  Just don't boil the shake, it will curdle.

Patty R.
on 11/13/16 7:37 am - Harrisville, RI
RNY on 09/08/16

Chilly start here, but the weather is supposed to be beautiful this week!

QOTD: I live in the north west corner of RI. My poor little town is in the fight of it's life against a big energy company that wants to build another power plant in our pristine, rural area. This would be the 2nd power plant in out town, of which we derive no electricity from. The tax benefits would be small and short lived.  The risks to the environment extremely high!

I was raised here and raised my children here as well.  Not too passionate am I !!!???

9 weeks post op

B:coffee w/ sf coffee-mate, Tuna, cottage cheese, 1/4 cup lettuce w/1tsp Kens salad dsng

L: 80 cal pumpkin spice yogurt w/ 1/2 scoop unjury

D: grnd beef pasta sauce w/ parm cheese and zoodles

S: 1/2 scoop Unjury chicken broth

Cal:602   Prot:77   Carb: 27

No menu cheats yesterday winging it!!  

Lap-Band 2007 out 2013 RnY 2016 Age 64 5'6" HW 294 SW 284 LW 214 CW 235.2 goal 199

G. Dean Roye, MD FACS

Patty

Go_Zippy
on 11/13/16 10:02 am
RNY on 10/20/16

QOTD: We live just outside of Richmond, VA and love it here. Great climate year round. Love spring and fall - the leaves changed late this year and are still beautiful. Winters are cold but not "Wisconsin-cold" like where I grew up. We get just the right amount of snow for my taste. If we get a big snowstorm (over 10 inches), it doesn't stay around too long (usually). Summers can be hot but we're not far from the mountains or the beach so we can cool off with a day trip! Love living here - it's a great community for artists and writers, wonderful museums, lots of outdoor activities, so much to do!

My menu for today: 

B: yogurt

L: pureed chicken salad

D: refried beans

S: SF hot chocolate with Fairlife milk

E: walking new dog around the neighborhood

Have a great day all!

Terri

5'5" HW: 348.5, SW: 311.2, CW: 254.6

peachpie
on 11/13/16 5:30 am - Philadelphia, PA
RNY on 04/28/15

Morning!! I've been out on my run, showered dressed and am now at a school while my son takes an entrance exam. I'm staring down a table full of carbs- bagel, muffins, donuts and danishes. Oh the devil of temptation never takes a break. I brought my yogurt-- but have a 4 hour wait. We'll probably leave and take care of an errand or two and come back to get him when he's done.  Truthfully I'm trying to be good because I promised to take them to a breakfast spot after the test. I want to order the creme brûlée French toast. I'd prefer if I can convince one of the kids to order it and I can nibble off if theirs :-)

18 months post op, 194.4 today

m1: Greek yogurt, berries, granola

m2: French toast or eggs and meat

m3:2.5oz tuna, Cheese 1oz boiled egg

m4: pork chops, mashed sweet potato

5'6.5" High weight:337 Lowest weight:193/31 BMI: Goal: 195-205/31-32 BMI

Queen JB
on 11/13/16 5:40 am
RNY on 07/20/15

Good morning Karen & co! 

Today is our last day on our mini vacation in DC. We need to get on the road by 1ish. I will try to make better car choices than I did on the way down! 

Yesterday we walked all over town (22,000 steps and 31 flights of stairs) and I ate:

B: protein bar

L: 1/2 steak and cheese wrap

D: 1/2 steak and cheese wrap

S: peanuts and raisins

QOTD: I'm a New England girl. 4 extreme seasons! I'm predicting a terrible winter...last year was weirdly tame, so I'm sure we're going to get slammed :(

• High Weight before LapBand: 200 (2008)
  • High Weight before RNY: 160 (2015)
  • Lowest post-op weight: 110 (2016)
  • Maintenance Weight: 120 (2017-2019)
  • Battling Regain Weight: 135 (current)

Go_Zippy
on 11/13/16 10:15 am
RNY on 10/20/16

Interesting week to be in D.C.! I used to live in one of the suburbs when our kids were young. What did you do while you were there? Hope you had a great time!

Terri

5'5" HW: 348.5, SW: 311.2, CW: 254.6

cc583
on 11/13/16 8:36 pm - Middletown, CT
VSG on 09/28/16

Hi JB, I heard the weather predictors said it was going to be a very cold winter but not much snow at least through the end of December. I guess we'll see what mother nature has to say about that!

QOTD: I'm in Middletown CT. Just about right smack dab in the middle of the state. Weather was absolutely beautiful here today! I enjoyed grilling meat and veggies outside today.

B: 1 1/2 eggs, 1oz ham, 1 slice cheese

L:  1 1/2 oz ground beef, 1.25 oz tuna

D: Ricotta bake

S: Danon L&F greek yogurt

Cals: 659, Fat: 39, Carbs: 16, Protein:62

5'5" HW: 484, SW: 455,CW: 325

Surgeon, Darren Tishler